- This event has passed.
Accelerating Accessibility for Businesses
June 2 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am ADT
The workforce underrepresentation of people with disabilities is well documented. At the same time, labour and skills shortages continue to be a challenge for employers in Nova Scotia, particularly as we emerge from the COVID-19 pandemic.
For employers, adopting a mindset that forefronts equity, inclusion, and belonging in recruitment, retention, engagement, communication, training, and everyday workplace practices is key to building a bridge between a skilled and valuable labour pool and proven gaps in the labour market.
This means moving beyond the built environment to include different ways of recruiting, communicating with, training, and engaging employees.
Join Sea Change CoLab for a free virtual workshop to:
- Define disability, accessibility, inclusion, and belonging, and identify how these concepts apply in your workplace.
- Explore Nova Scotia’s Accessibility Act and its impact on workplaces.
- Identify barriers to accessibility through first voice case studies and scenarios.
- Integrate the principles of Universal Design for Learning (UDL) as one framework for accessibility that removes barriers.
- Develop strategies for creating an accessible and inclusive workplace and culture.
Come to this session and leave with a toolkit of resources to accelerate accessibility in your workplace!Register