- This event has passed.
Employer Information Session: Wage Support Programs for Hiring Students
September 9, 2020 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm ADT
About this Event
Join the ICTC Atlantic Regional Coordinator, NS Department of Labour and Advanced Education Youth Outreach Coordinator, Navigate Startup House, Cape Breton University, NSCC, Cape Breton Chamber of Commerce and the Cape Breton Partnership to learn about the Provincial and Federal wage subsidy programs available to NS businesses and not for profit organizations and how to find the skills you need within the NS student community. This session is hosted online by Navigate Startup House.
Your key takeaways from this session will be:
• Hear about how co-op students can add value to your organization .
• Learn about provincial and federal student wage subsidies you may be able to leverage .
• Gain an understanding of the ICTC WIL-Digital program .
• Gain an understanding of the provincial programs for students and new graduates .
• Find out how to match your needs with student talent .
What is the WIL Digital Subsidy?
ICTC’s WIL Digital is an innovative Work Integrated Learning program that helps employers grow their businesses by providing financial assistance for hiring post-secondary students. WIL Digital is funded by the Government of Canada’s Student Work Placement Program (SWPP) and provides a wage subsidy of 75% up to $7,500 for eligible students.
Many businesses are able to combine ICTC’s funding with Provincial wage subsidies for a very cost effective student work term experience.Register Now