- This event has passed.
Ladies Learning Code
February 8, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm AST
Why learn about AI?
Artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning are all around us – from Siri on your iPhone and Google Map suggestions, to recommendations for purchases during your Amazon check-out. While many of us may think AI and machine learning mean more robots and self-driving cars, at a fundamental level, they are about data – and ways to make meaning of data.
In this workshop, we’ll use a hands-on approach to learn how to put data to use for us in our everyday lives. During the session, you’ll learn the following:
- An introduction to the history of artificial intelligence and machine learning, what they mean and why it matters
- An introduction to data and strategies for collection, preparation, manipulation and analysis of data
- An introduction to machine learning models and predictive data
- Build your very own machine learning model to evaluate data that’s interesting to you
- What resources are available if you’d like to continue learning at home (and we think you will), as well as career opportunities available in the fields of AI and machine learning
Who is this for?
Our Ladies Learning Code workshops offer female-identified and male-identified, trans, and non-binary adults hands-on, project-based learning experiences that are designed to give beginners the skills and confidence they need to become digital creators.
None! This workshop is designed for beginners.
A computer will be provided for this workshop!
Note: If you do not have a laptop to use during the duration of the workshop, we have a limited quantity that we can loan out. The option to borrow a laptop will be included in your order form when registering.
Hope to see you soon!
If for some reason you can’t make it, check out our REFUND POLICY.