- This event has passed.
Networking for Success
November 6, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 am AST
Note: This event is FREE for Halifax Chamber members. 9 in-person RSVP’s available with unlimited virtual RSVP’s.
What have we seen happen to the art of networking and navigating a crowded room to establish some rapport with a total stranger during the COVID-19 pandemic? In some; if not all cases, we have seen it come to a screeching halt. Does that mean the need to network stops completely even though your business development goals require you to continue to grow the business and keep your pipeline of prospects full?
Sure, it’s much harder to network when most networking events are being canceled, scaled back in size or temporarily put on hold. However, it’s a non-negotiable imperative that we need to keep social distancing in our neck of the woods if we are to beat this virus and return to some form of normalcy. We must look for some different ways of reaching out to people without totally abandoning some tried and true networking basics and still build effective connections from the comfort of your own home.
Networking for Success will look at some virtual networking approaches to remind your current and future business connections that you’re still around—and letting others realize that you even exist. Regardless of the need to make changes to your networking method, you can still connect with others in an influential and authentic way.
- Learn the art of influencing authentically
- Reduce time spent on chasing persons who aren’t qualified or interested
Course Details and Concepts
- Learn the myths of networking that are holding you back
- What is authentic reciprocation and why it is important in networking?
- Learn a more succinct elevator pitch and how to apply it virtually
- Using social media, virtual networking and the “PUFF Principle”
- Connect more successfully via Zoom, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook etc.
- Learn your Social Selling Index / SSI score and how that applies to your ability to build future business