If you are a small business in Nova Scotia with less than 50 employees, you may be eligible for up to 100% of your training costs to be covered up to $10,000. For larger businesses, WIPSI provides up to 50% of direct training costs. WIPSI may also cover other expenses such as travel, books for participants, and accommodation costs for persons with disabilities.
What to Consider Before You Apply
Is your business
- Located in Nova Scotia
- Registered and active in the Nova Scotia Registry of Joint Stock Companies or incorporated by an Act of the Nova Scotia Legislature
- Over one calendar year into operations
- Generating directly or representing businesses (e.g. Sector councils) that have at least thirty percent (30%) of revenues from commercial activity*
- Producing a minimum of $25,000 in wages or owner remuneration
- Not solely generating profit from wholesale, retail, and accommodations and foodservices (e.g. businesses that manufacture and sell products)?
*Exceptions may be made if your sector has a strategic value for NS. This is determined on a case-by-case basis. See WIPSI guidelines for more details on eligible sectors.
*Organizations/associations representing wholesale, retail, accommodations, and food services are eligible to apply for WIPSI funding.
Categories of training that are typically funded through WIPSI include: information technology; training on new equipment; technical training; workflow systems and processes; or other training that will benefit your business or organization and that are not typically funded through other government programs.
There are certain types of training that ARE NOT eligible such as: mandatory training; internal training; conference participation fees; administrative fees for hosting a conference; consulting or coaching services; and training outside of NS that has comparable outcomes to training offered in the Province.