Here at Relay, our mission is to increase the success rate of small businesses. Traditional banking has been a growth limiter rather than a growth enabler for business owners, and we’re changing that. With Relay, business owners can open a bank account in minutes, issue corporate cards in seconds and automate their bookkeeping – giving them better cashflow visibility.
Joining Relay means an opportunity to make a huge impact building solutions with the potential to reach 29 million small businesses across North America. If you thrive on growth and playing to win, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for the next Account Executive to join our rapidly expanding sales team based in Toronto. From sequencing new inbound leads to conducting product demonstrations, you’ll be an integral part of Relay’s customer acquisition strategy.
In this role you’ll own the full sales cycle and will be responsible for new logo acquisition and customer retention, whilst providing the best sales experience possible for our customers. Most importantly you’ll jumpstart your career in an exciting field. If you’re interested in venturing outside the norm and are ready to join a company with a proven business model, we’d love to learn more about you.
How you can make an impact in your first six months:
- Position the value of Relay’s software to Accountants & Bookkeepers
- Educate and guide prospects through the buyer’s journey to help them learn how Relay can help them improve their processes, relationships with their customers, and ultimately scale their own businesses
- Manage a pipeline of leads to identify, engage, and develop relationships with potential buyers
- Close business with new and existing customers
- Deliver a delightful post-sale experience where relationship building, empathy, and timely problem solving are a core focus
- Strategize with team members to innovate & improve the overall sales process
How you can make an impact right away:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma
- Experience with inside, outbound, or commission-based sales roles is an asset
- Strong written communication and interpersonal skills. Highly articulate via phone, email and in person is a differentiator
- Very strong work ethic with confidence to work autonomously
- Highly motivated, achievement-oriented and excited to join a fast growing team
- Prior start-up sales experience a huge plus
- Proficient with business productivity tools (G-suite, etc.).
- Experience using Hubspot is considered an asset but not required
- 2+ years experience in an Account Executive role
If you join us, you will have:
- The opportunity to help shape Relay’s Sales function from the ground up
- Personal and professional growth. We care about getting better everyday and leveling up. Our goal is to make Relay a step-change career opportunity
- An outstanding work environment that is passionate about getting stuff done, collaboration, learning and having fun
- Comprehensive benefits and a health spending account (HSA) from day 1 of employment
- A competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Considerable vacation
- End of the year holiday shutdown
- Birthday perks!
- Hybrid working environment
*Please be advised that candidates will be required to complete a brief writing sample for this role and complete a Background Check.*
What’s important to us:
At Relay, we believe that diversity is key to building high-performing teams, and creating an inclusive work environment is our priority. We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We will work with applicants to provide accommodations at any stage of the hiring process.
We look forward to hearing from you!