Hi, we’re Maplewave!
We’re a passionate, diverse team that brings innovative retail solutions to our telecom clients all over the world. What makes us different? We always strive to do what’s right – for our employees, clients, and partners. And we have a lot of fun too. So, whether you’re looking for exciting projects, a fun team environment, or a supportive employer that invests in your future, Maplewave has the dynamic career you’ve been waiting for.
Maplewave’s finance team is growing, and we are excited to see our team strengthened with the addition of a new Accounting Assistant. We are looking for someone to provide daily accounting and administrative support to ensure the timely and relevant reporting of accounting and financial information for the company and our stakeholders.
This is a very hands-on role and will appeal to someone who likes to be involved in a little bit of everything! Even though numbers are your thing, you must also be comfortable communicating with our internal teams and our amazing clients. The tech industry is busy and fast paced, but we also have fun while we work – and we hope you will too!
This is a remote position based in Canada.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and process vendor invoices for payment.
- Reconcile employee expense reports and process them for payment.
- Reconcile and maintain assigned finical records and accounts.
- Assist with the preparation of month-end and year-end financial statements and audits.
- Prepare and process recurring customer billings and invoices for mailing or digital submission.
- Assist account managers with quote preparation.
- Invoice clients as advised by account manager.
- Contact account managers regarding past due accounts.
- Process client payments.
- Assist account managers with annual client account reviews, schedule annual increases and update applicable records.
- Update sale schedules as clients are invoiced and payments are received.
- Prepare ad hoc financial reports.
- Other accounting and/or administrative tasks/duties as assigned.
- College diploma or certificate in a business or accounting discipline.
- 6+ months experience working in a team-based environment.
- Strong Microsoft Excel knowledge and skills (Microsoft Certification considered an asset).
- A demonstrated ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to work under pressure and make sound decisions in a multi-tasking environment.
- Ability to organize and prioritize activities to meet deadlines, as well as adapt to and manage changing priorities.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, coupled with sound data entry skills and attention to detail.
- Be a team player who can work with little supervision (including remotely).
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal/external stakeholders and customers.
- Knowledge of basic accounting for Private Enterprises (ASPE) is an asset. Must be proficient in commonly used business software (MS Office suite).
- Group benefits plan from day one.
- Generous health spending account.
- Paid time off.
- 35-hr work week.
- RRSP Matching.
- Maternity Leave Top Up.
- Half-day Fridays in August.
- On-going training & development platform.
- Social clubs to connect people who share the same hobbies and interests…. Burger Club anyone?