We offer the opportunity to work with Canada’s largest Information Technology Outsourcing and Management Consulting Company with a true global presence in a fast-paced and energetic atmosphere where your personal and professional growth is accelerated by your desire and sense of commitment. CGI’s continuous growth is a testament to the confidence clients place in them and to the dedication of their professionals. At CGI, all employees are called members because they feel a powerful sense of ownership and accountability. Members at CGI are building their own company – in 100+ offices worldwide. CGI has the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for clients – and for members; that’s why an astounding 90 percent of them are CGI shareholders.
We’re expanding in Atlantic Canada and we need your skills, enthusiasm, and dedication as part of our team.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Active Directory Engineer will
- Plan, support, implement and design a directory synchronization system for Microsoft Active Directory and Windows-based systems across the enterprise, including directory and identity management solutions
- Implement Business-driven changes, Configuration of Group Policies and Integration of AD Management tools/services
- Analyze, design and implement Active Directory and Identity Management solutions
- Independently manage and perform engineering lead role for large scale Active Directory and Identity Management projects
- Analyze current Active Directory environment to identify both technical and operational challenges and develop solutions for improvement
- Analyze, design, capacity plan and implement Active Directory Security
Required Level of Education:
- Technical Diploma in IT with Equivalent Experience
- Strong understanding of AD Attributes, LDAP Queries, PowerShell Scripting to Modify AD Attributes, Group Policy Analysis, GPO Configuration & Item-Level Targeting, Workstation Configurations, Browser Configuration Settings, familiarity with VM View and other Applications that integrated with Active Directory
- Strong knowledge of permissions that are granted natively to various Microsoft Built-In Groups to perform Active Directory Administrative Functions, knowledge of native permissions granted when building AD objects, knowledge of permissions granted natively to Built-In Groups via GPOs and/or Local Policies
- Thorough functional understanding and ability to configure Active Directory Server Roles (CAs, IIS, File/Print, DNS)
- Working knowledge of GPOs, AD Sites, Replication Topology, and native AD troubleshooting tools
- Capabilities to configure or define, so familiarity with business/technical requirement documentation, data, and interface definitions/requirements would be a plus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Effective status reporting
- Critical eye for detail
- Positive attitude
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team
- Ability to see the big picture (thinking out of the box)
- Able to multitask effectively
- Have excellent time management, task planning and prioritization skills
- Able to adapt quickly to changing client requirements
- Able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Enjoy working in a self-teaching, learning organization
- Ability to build strong relationships with clients and team members
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Active Directory
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.