Android Developer (Remote or Halifax)
- Minimum of three years experience developing mobile applications for Android devices and other mobile technologies supported by an IT Diploma or Bachelor/Master of Computer Science.
- Strong understanding and experience with the following:
- Object-oriented programming, specifically in Java, Kotlin
- Developing Android native applications and/or libraries
- Knowledge of the Android API, in particular, UI implementation to comply with a strict design
- Design and develop robust, maintainable, and standards-compliant mobile applications and libraries for the Android Platform
- Ability to analyze assigned tasks, provide accurate work estimates, and manage time to keep development on schedule.
- Experience publishing your own Apps on App Store or Google Play markets or have worked on a team that has done so.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and ability to explain complex technical issues
- Participate in a development team using agile methodologies, including team-based design and code reviews.
- Work well in an ever-changing, fast-paced, high-pressure environment that requires meeting tight deadlines.
- Ability to work in a group alongside team members, including developers, designers, project managers, and clients as well as individually.
- Experience mentoring junior developers.
- Great attitude and sense of humour (even if it’s just making yourself laugh). You’ll be hard-pressed to find egos around here.
- A desire to work with a variety of technologies as well as the ability to adapt to change and a willingness to learn new things.
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, deploying solutions quickly.
- Experience programming in other languages aside from Java. Particularly interesting:
- C++, Scala/Groovy, Haskell, Go, Python
- Knowledge of cross-platform tools like Unity, PhoneGap, Titanium, ReactNative, NativeScript, etc.
- Knowing how to design and architect scalable software is a major asset, ie: inheritance, type safety, design patterns, threading and synchronization, modularity, and automated unit tests
- Experience programming in Java on non-Android platforms
Working at REDspace.
One of the big plus sides of working at REDspace is we look out for you.
Your well-being. We offer:
- Fully company-funded health, vision, dental, and life insurance coverage with access to an online doctor
- Pension plan contribution matching
- Healthy living allowance
Your career. We’re invested in your growth. We offer:
- Annual professional development allowance
- Bi-weekly and monthly Project and Tech shares
- Annual salary and performance reviews
Your happiness. You’ll enjoy coming to work every day. We offer:
- A flexible work environment with remote work options, in office opportunities or a mixed approach
- Financial relocation assistance
- Social and team building events
- Charitable donation matching