Application System Analyst
Requisition ID: 163228
Career Group: Corporate Office Careers
Job Category: IT Store Systems Product Team
Travel Requirements: 0 – 10%
Job Type: Full-Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia; Alberta; Ontario; Québec
City: Stellarton / Calgary / Mississauga / Montreal
Location: Foord St. Office, Bureau de Montréal-Nord, Calgary Office, Tahoe Office
Our family of 134,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better – great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton’s Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
We currently have a full-time opportunity for an Application System Analyst to join our Information Technology team reporting to the Productivity Product Manager. In this role, you will bring a customer first mindset when resolving key issues and providing support to our users.
Please note: This role can be based out of one of our main offices including: Stellarton, NS; Montreal, QC Mississauga, ON; or Calgary, AB.
As an Application System Analyst with Sobeys, you will:
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of the application(s) within the Product Team Portfolio.
- Maintain up-to-date expertise in the application(s) and lead the team(s) in translating product needs into enhancements and / or fixes for the supported application(s).
- Provide specialized application support. Identify the root cause of issues, and triage with the appropriate team. Prioritize the backlog and make necessary configuration or changes.
- Source additional support from other teams to resolve underlying issues as needed.
- Maintain the system documentation; run books and required changes to user documentation as incidents are resolved.
- Monitor applications and their components across dimensions such as end-user experience, application interfaces, runtime code exceptions and performance. Recommend enhancements as needed.
- Participate in each phase of the development life cycle including design, build, testing, and deployment. Design the applications to ensure both the business and architectural needs are met including adhering to standards, patterns, and reference models.
- Identify opportunities to automate processes, or otherwise innovate on business operations using application features.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives through advisory and consultative support.
- Proactively share new leading practices.
- Keep appropriate team members and other teams updated on product backlog status, incidents, and projects, as appropriate. Serve as the liaison between vendors, users, and product team as needed.
- Observe and communicate potential application risks and improvements in support of effective issue prevention and risk mitigation.
Your experience and resume will show us:
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, or college diploma in related IT area
- 2-5 years experience in application development, support, and delivery
- Strong technical knowledge and aptitude
- Experience working with service providers and vendor management
- Technical knowledge of Store Systems including Ordering and Workforce products is preferred
- Retail industry experience is preferred
If you feel that this describes the kind of work you want to do, and you are excited about what Sobeys has to offer, then we look forward to reviewing your application. Please ensure that you take the time to ensure your profile shows us why you’re the most qualified applicant for the role.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a leading Canadian company with a clear vision and focus. We are only accepting online applications and welcome applications from all qualified people interested in this challenge.
Sobeys offers our employees many valuable benefits such as:
• Growing organization
• Competitive salary
• Pension Plan
• Flexible health and dental benefits plan (eligible employees)
• Ongoing Training & Development
• Opportunity for internal mobility to other departments and/or promotions (for employees who are strong performers)
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.