Associate Software Engineer – AWS
Digital Health Technology team powers digital experiences and engagement to enhance the lives of millions of people every day through connected care. We build, deliver and manage a portfolio of data management platforms and mobile offerings in support of our core businesses. We thrive on simple and elegant architecture and agility. You’ll be immersed in a dynamic high-growth environment and empowered to excel, take informed risks, and drive ingenuity across the enterprise.
The primary role of Engineering function within Product Development team is to create specifications and designs for new products or improvements and enhancements to existing products. Works closely with customers, developers and other stakeholders to understand and define customer needs in these designs. Features are aligned to a timetable and areas of responsibility. Developers may solicit customers for feedback regarding product usability and desired future enhancements.
Let’s talk about Responsibilities
- Assist in the design, development, implementation, and deployment of AWS cloud solutions.
- Assist in the development of high-performance, scalable, and resilient web applications, back-end services, and database solutions.
- Assist in providing incident management, change management, application support, monitoring, and Tier 2 support as part of the full cycle team responsibilities.
- Pair with senior developers to design software solutions.
- Participate in code reviews, following coding standards and best practices, including secure coding guidelines.
- Write clear, well commented, and easy to understand code.
- All engineers are expected to place a strong emphasis on writing automated tests, including unit tests, integration tests, and end-to-end functional tests.
- Will be part of an on-call support rotation.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
Let’s talk about Qualifications and Experience
- Strong object oriented design and programming skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in C#, targeting multiple platforms (e.g. Windows, Linux) and application types (e.g. console, web site, REST API).
- Experience with testing frameworks (e.g. Junit, Nunit, Selenium), and testing tools (e.g. JMeter, Postman, Cucumber)
- Experience with various messagebrokering architectures (pub/sub queues, request/response) and data streaming is an asset.
- Experience with Amazon ECS, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, AWS Lambda, or Amazon EC2 is an asset.
- Experience working with and managing container development, deployment and operations on AWS, specifically with ECS on Fargate is an asset.
- Experience developing serverless applications, using Lambda, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, and S3 is an asset.
- Experience with Git, Confluence, and JIRA is an asset.
- Experience with CI/CD tools (e.g. CodePipeline, TeamCity) and infrastructure as code tools (e.g. Terraform, CloudFormation) is an asset.
- Experience working with, or an understanding of, NoSQL databases and relational databases.
- Experience with test-driven development (TDD) is an asset.
- An understanding of 12-factor applications and cloud-native principles is an asset.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience.
- Follows standard practices and procedures and applies basic theories, concepts, principles and methodologies in analyzing situations or data.
Joining us is more than saying “yes” to making the world a healthier place. It’s discovering a career that’s challenging, supportive and inspiring. Where a culture driven by excellence helps you not only meet your goals, but also create new ones. We focus on creating a diverse and inclusive culture, encouraging individual expression in the workplace and thrive on the innovative ideas this generates. If this sounds like the workplace for you, apply now!