AWS Data Engineer in Multiple Locations
AWS Data Engineer
Want to leverage your experience and development skills in the Healthcare industry as an AWS Data Engineer.
CGI is seeking an AWS Data Engineer who can bring in expertise and industry best practices define better development and engineering approaches. This is an exciting opportunity to augment your current skills, as well as, learn new technologies.
As an AWS Data Engineer you will contribute to our Services practice and will have the below responsibilities:
- Work with technical development team and team lead to understand desired application capabilities.
- Continuously improve software engineering practices.
- Work within and across Agile teams to test and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Candidate would need to do development using application development by lifecycles, & continuous integration/deployment practices.
- Working to integrate open source components into data-analytic solutions
- Working with vendors to enhance tool capabilities to meet enterprise needs
- Willingness to continuously learn & share learnings with others
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Possess 5 plus years of overall experience within distributed systems
- Data application development and version control systems (i.e. Git or similar)
- Knowledge of application development lifecycles, & continuous integration/deployment practices
- Familiar with Database systems (SQL and NoSQL) ability to build efficient queries
- Understand Data warehousing solutions i.e. Snowflake / Star Schema
- Experience working with ETL tools for ingesting, processing and storing of data
- Familiar with and Leveraging Data APIs
- Demonstrated proficiency with either Python, Java, or Scala programming languages
- Knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Familiar with AWS services
- Knowledge of IAC using terraform is preferred
- Snowflake MPP and graph database experience is preferred but not mandatory
Skill Set/ Years of Experience/ Proficiency Level
AWS services such as Glue, EMR, Lambda, Step Functions, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, SNS, SQS, S3, VPC, EC2, RDS, IAM
Python/Scala/Java etc Programming
SQL- Simple to Complex SQL analysis
Minimum Education Required:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, at least eight, typically ten or more years of solid, diverse work experience in IT with a minimum of eight years’ experience application program development, or the equivalent in education and work experience.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
Company Website: https://www.cgi.com/canada/en-ca/careers