Backend Software Developer (Python)
A little bit about us:
Proudly Nova Scotian, fiercely world-class. We’re a global marketing service provider and we specialize in affiliate marketing & publishing. We’re a cohesive team of more than 160 skilled marketing & technology experts whose passions and expertise have made us a worldwide industry leader.
We’re on a hyper-growth track to global success, while still maintaining the atmosphere of a small company. Challenge yourself wherever you are in your career and join us at the crossroads of innovation and results! If you’re looking for accelerated opportunities where you can feel empowered to grow, learn, and contribute, join us today.
Is this role right for you:
As a Backend Software Developer (Python), you will use your problem-solving skills to write well designed, testable, and efficient code. We design, develop and manage a vast portfolio of high-traffic websites featuring up-to-the-second statistics, dynamic data and informative content. Together with your team, you will develop and maintain robust data-crunching back-end code and APIs.
You’re passionate about building scalable products, adhering to high quality coding standards and being part of a culture that promotes learning and sharing while respecting work-life balance. You enjoy autonomy, and you will have the option to work remotely and/or from our Bedford office.
What we want you to own in this role:
- Maintain high software development standards by following established good practices and habits;
- Participate in Sprint activities such as standups, grooming and retrospectives;
- On a regular basis, communicate the progress of assigned work completion;
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code;
- Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time;
- Collaborate with other development team members and other departments to drive innovation and help define internal standards;
- Participate in self-directed learning, tech groups and workshops to learn new technologies and expand knowledge.
A little bit about you and your qualifications:
- Experience developing REST APIs in Django and/or Flask;
- Experience ingesting data from JSON and XML feeds;
- Experience following Agile development practices (Scrum/Kanban);
- Proficiency with Unix-based systems and using CLIs;
- Experience with relational database language and structure, such as MySQL;
- Proficiency with code versioning tools, such as git.
Strong consideration will be given to candidates who also offer the following:
- Experience building GraphQL APIs (Graphene);
- Experience with Machine Learning (Pandas, Scipy, Scikit-learn, etc.);
- Experience developing ETL processes with Apache Airflow;
- Experience with containerization, i.e. Docker, Kubernetes;
- Experience with common server administration tasks;
- Experience with NoSQL Databases (MongoDB).
What’s in it for you:
- Equipment you need to thrive in your role
- We invest in our employees through various career development programs
- Unlimited sick days, enhanced flexible work hours, and an annual fitness allowance
- 3 weeks annual vacation time, with extra vacation time accrued annually
- Full benefits from day 1 for you and your family– including 100% employer-paid coverage for Health and Dental benefits
- Generous Maternity Leave Top-Up program
- Group RSP with matching employer contributions
- A beautiful waterfront view with an in-office gym, office bar, and whole lot more!
#Teamresulta is devoted to creating a safe work environment that celebrates diversity and fosters inclusion. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds and expressions to apply!
More about us:
Our current obsession? Creating an inclusive workplace community that encourages innovative thinking and supports meaningful growth.
Our superpower? We don’t just hire top talent; we cultivate visionaries with entrepreneurial spirits and a ‘can-do’ attitude. We’re not just do-ers, we’re motivators, collaborators, and high performers who work hard, and play harder.
How do we conduct business? We put our people and culture above everything. We’re collaborators who are dedicated to the success and enrichment of our employees, and understand the importance of disconnecting, and balancing work with our personal lives.