We’re looking for creative problem-solvers who are curious, collaborative and ready to be on the leading edge of technological transformation.
We are looking for a talented Business Analyst to accomplish the delivery of IT solutions. The successful candidate will work in a virtual team environment with our client and their internal delivery teams. We require a highly motivated individual, who thrives in a constantly changing and exciting environment; to apply creativity and innovation in the development of solutions essential to support our client’s current & future success.
- Gathering and documenting the business requirements and then ensuring that the deliverables produced by the development effort conform to the business requirements.
- Beyond the facilitation of the up-front business requirements and system requirements gathering sessions and resulting documentation, the role also involves driving the system functional testing and user acceptance testing process, including preparation of acceptance criteria, review of the test plans and scenarios, review of test results as well as taking responsibility for end to end testing. In some cases the
- Business Analyst also executes test cases and directly ensures system integrity.
- The management of the normalization period – defect management and communication to the operational team
- The Business Analyst is also involved in reviewing key development and design deliverables, including interface specifications, integration requirements, data schemas, and design documentation, as well as the business’s implementation and conversion strategies and plans.
- Contributing to the project planning and administration.
- The Business Analyst assists in developing the project charter documentation, business requirements documentation, solution design reviews, process documentation, test plan and test case creation. In addition, the Business Analyst helps co-ordinate the project by arranging project meetings, resolution of roadblocks, following up on issues and sign-offs, producing status documentation and informing team members of decisions made.
Essential skills and competencies:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree, and 3 yrs + work experience in a discipline such as:
- Business Analysis
- Senior Programmer/Designer or Systems Analyst
- Process modeling
- Multi-tiered application development, infrastructure and networking concepts and practices
- Leading multi-disciplinary JAD sessions
- Dealing with multiple vendors in the creation of end to end solutions
- You are analytical and understand the basic principles of working with large and complex data sets
- You have the ability to leverage insights from data and metrics to make recommendations
- You have knowledge of, and preferably experience with, visualization tools
- You are able to manage multiple projects and priorities
- You are a self starter who is comfortable working with and presenting to all management levels (up to Executive VP)
- Excellent verbal and written communication and negotiation skills
- Leadership experience defining requirements and solutions related to operational processes
- You have knowledge of the project life cycle and the Agile and / or Waterfall methodology
- Absolute ability to see the business problem and business solution in the eyes of the customer
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project, Visio)
- Experience with data systems such as Oracle, SQL Server, or others
- Experience in Telecommunications