Business Development Representative
Here at Relay, our mission is to increase the success rate of small businesses. Traditional banking has been a growth limiter rather than a growth enabler for business owners, and we’re changing that. With Relay, business owners can open a bank account in minutes, issue corporate cards in seconds and automate their bookkeeping – giving them better cashflow visibility.
Joining Relay means an opportunity to make a huge impact building solutions with the potential to reach 29 million small businesses across North America. If you thrive on growth and playing to win, we want to hear from you!
We have an ongoing need for hiring talent of this kind and we are looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to join our rapidly expanding sales team based in Toronto. You’ll be an integral part of Relay’s customer acquisition strategy; from prospecting inbound leads to outreach for outbound leads and so much more in between.
In this role, you will own the beginning of the sales cycle and will be responsible for introducing the benefits of a virtual banking solution like Relay, while providing the best customer experience possible. As a BDR, you’ll jumpstart your career in the exciting field of fintech. If you’re interested in venturing outside of the norm and are ready to join a company with a proven business model, we’d love to learn more about you.
How you can make an impact in your first six months:
- Ensure that qualified leads are prospected, pitched; you’ll schedule meetings with our account executives
- Qualifying sales leads through emails and calls to learn more about what clients are looking for from a business banking provider
- Pitching Relay by positioning relevant aspects of our product based on the needs of the accountant or bookkeeper and their clients
- Scheduling a high volume of meetings with qualified leads through outreach; with a combination of inbound and outbound leads
- Through your business discussions, you will collect relevant information to set up our account executives for success
- Strategize with the sales team to innovate and improve the overall efficiency of the sales processes
How you can make an impact right away:
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- You are highly articulate via phone, email and face to face
- You are receptive to constructive criticism and new sales strategies
- You have a strong work ethic with confidence to work autonomously
- Highly motivated, achievement-oriented and excited to join a fast growing team
Bonus points for:
- Prior experience in a customer-facing B2B SaaS role, experience with Hubspot CRM is preferred but not required
If you join us, you will have:
- The opportunity to help shape Relay’s inbound and outbound sales processes.
- Personal and professional growth. We care about getting better everyday and leveling up. Our goal is to make Relay a step-change career opportunity.
- An outstanding work environment that is passionate about getting stuff done, collaboration, learning and having fun
- Comprehensive benefits and a health spending account (HSA), from day one of employment
- A competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Considerable vacation
- End of year holiday shutdown
- Birthday perks
- Hybrid working environment
*Please be advised that candidates will be required to complete a brief writing sample for this role and complete a Background Check.*
What’s important to us:
At Relay, we believe that diversity is key to building high-performing teams, and creating an inclusive work environment is our priority. We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We will work with applicants to provide accommodations at any stage of the hiring process.
We look forward to hearing from you!