Cloud FinOps Analyst
Our family of 134,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better – great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton’s Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Hear why Bruce Burrows, SVP, Chief Information Officer is inspired to be part of the digital transformation at Sobeys Inc. Learn more about our IT opportunities and apply today!
Ready to make an Impact?
We’re expanding our digital team and we need exceptional talent in Data, IT, and Innovation.
You are a builder, influencer, and change agent
In this exciting role, you will be helping to deliver secure, scalable, flexible, and cost-efficient cloud solutions in a multi-cloud environment – primarily within Azure, but also in Mulesoft, SAP Cloud Platform, Google Cloud Platform, and a growing list of cloud service providers and cloud hosted solutions. This will consist of working with cross-functional teams providing services in the cloud (Azure), helping them to define forecasts and budgets for opex growth and project/program planning.
You can plan, forecast, manage, and track the inventory of cloud service reservations all while supporting IT leadership on enterprise agreement and commit to consume planning. You will perform period-over-period analysis on consumption – monitoring trends, tracking and validating cost optimization efforts, and identifying opportunities for savings.
Sobeys Inc. is investing big in technology – Join us and invest in your future
We are on a journey to completely transform how we do business, and we offer a hybrid work model with the opportunity for additional flexibility.
Join us and you’ll be working with:
- Leading tools and systems in our modern Azure and ADRM infrastructure.
- A data-driven culture
- Strong, collaborative team of energetic and experienced digital experts.
What you bring to the table:
- Assist in the planning for, evaluation and implementation of cloud consumption management tools and solutions.
- Ability to work with and support cross-functional teams consuming cloud services to understand issues in spend and opportunities for savings and best practices around consumption of cloud services
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Critical thinking to perform ad-hoc Cloud consumption analysis as required.
What you have to offer:
- Any related Azure certification will be a significant differentiator.
- Experience with other public clouds e.g. Google Cloud Platform, SAP Cloud Platform/Foundry.
- Experience with Salesforce, SAP, SAP-CDC, OSP.
- E-Commerce and Retail experience.
- Experience with data analysis tools like PowerBI
- Good understanding of IT or Project accounting principles
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a leading Canadian company with a clear vision of their digital future. Are you ready to be part of this success story?
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.