CPQi provides consultative services and expertise to help our clientele in the financial industry deliver better services to their users, speed up development lifecycles and bring them into a digital age. We work with 8 of the world’s top 12 banks, exposing our team to the most exciting technologies and strategies in today’s digital era. You will be working on various projects supporting our clients and we want you to grow with us. In doing that we focus heavily on the progress and education of all of our team members. That’s why we invest in you by offering CPQi University, paid certifications and other training programs. We want to build a career for life here at CPQi.
We are currently seeking a Data Engineer to join our Halifax team!
As part of the Tech Data Engineering team, you will be challenged daily to find innovative solutions to improve the speed and consumption of our information. This will also bring you into contact with a diverse array of stakeholders ranging from IT to our front line business organizations, and you will be working on defining an architecture platform that establishes the foundational layer for analytics for years to come.
- The data engineer will focus on design of the Analytic Hub architecture and data pipelines based on business need and technology efficiency.
- Capable of being a technical lead of small teams of ETL developers/engineers on complex efforts/sprints.
- Assists in troubleshooting complex issues/efforts with other team members or cross divisional teams, leveraging seasoned judgment, technical and business acumen.
- Can easily assume team leadership responsibilities when called upon.
- Ability to quickly establish themselves as creditable resource for understanding new technologies and architectures related to data management solutions and business processes.
- Work closely with QA, business/product analysts and customers to design and implement new feature requests
- Ensures standards and directional adherence across the various technical domains.
- Work with internal and external technology experts to ascertain system functional capacity, constraints and support lifecycles. Evaluate and make recommendations to ensure technology investments are optimized.
- Proactively identify unnecessary complexity and potential failure points, assist with creating plans to reduce or eliminate where appropriate.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with technology teams and business partners to facilitate improved alignment of technology initiatives to business strategies
- Design and build analytic hub and data pipelines using technologies like Snowflake, Matillion, Qlik, Data Bricks, Oracle, SQL Server, RDS PostgreSQL, ETL/ELT Tools.
- Bachelor’s degree required or related work experience
- Minimum of 7 years of experience directly related to Information Systems technology
- Experience building operational data stores and data services within wealth management and investment management space either as data analyst or data engineer
- 5+ years’ experience building large scale operational data stores in Oracle or equivalent relational database
- 3+ years’ experience using API platforms such as Mulesoft / APIGee and ELT platform such as Matillin or Informatica
- Experience building Infomatica MDM/RDM platform is highly desired