What we expect.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Diploma in IT with equivalent IT experience.
- 3+ years of development or data engineering experience.
- Experience building and optimizing big data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Programming background, experience in Python/Java and Spark.
- Fluent across Big data stacks, experience or familiarity in areas such as:
- Google Big Query,
- Apache Spark Clusters
- AWS Kinesis
- Apache Airflow
- Knowledge about various Spark tuning techniques/methods.
- Experience in distributed version control tools like Github, Bitbucket, AWS code commit, etc.
- Experience working within a Cloud environment with an understanding of Cloud concepts.
- Work well in a fast paced, high pressure environment that requires meeting tight deadlines.
- Collaborate across the team to shape the Data Platform technology stack.
- Great attitude and sense of humour (even if it’s just making yourself laugh). You’ll be hard-pressed to find egos around here.
- Passion for learning new technologies and desire to stay up to date with industry trends and best practices.
- Taking pride and ownership of everything you’re assigned, seeing all tasks through to completion.
Nice to have.
- Experience with one or more NoSQL databases such as Cassandra, DynamoDB, MongoDB, Neo4J, or RDF triple stores
- Experience in traditional business intelligence (e.g. star schemas, OLAP cubes)
- Experience with data pipeline tools such as Luigi, AWS Data Pipeline
- Experience scaling machine learning pipelines and SparkML specifically Strong Experience in CI/CD automation pipeline tools
What you can expect.
One of the big plus sides of working at REDspace is we look out for you.
Your well-being. We offer fully company-funded health, vision, dental, and life insurance coverage, pension plan contribution matching, access to a free on-site gym, and a healthy living allowance.
Your career. We’re invested in your growth. With an annual professional development allowance and trips to the world’s biggest and best tech conferences, we give you the chance to grow and learn new skills.
Your happiness. You’ll enjoy coming to work every day. We make sure to create a flexible environment with remote work options, newcomers relocation assistance, free delicious snacks, saunas, and much more.