Data Engineer Co-op
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
Data Engineer Co-op
What will you do?
- Collaborate with data scientists, product managers, data engineers and auditors to design, develop and deploy data solutions within the IA Ecosystem
- Gather details from business and stakeholders in order to determine project scope and expected outcome and build data products accordingly
- Effectively communicate technical concepts through oral and written skills across cross-functional groups
- Responsible for every step of the data process from data ingestions, management, architecture, transformation, integration with business processes and all related production support
- Responsible for building and supporting data applications from concept to production and maintenance while leveraging existing tools and/or recommending new technologies within the IA Ecosystem
What do you need to succeed?
- Post-secondary education majoring in Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering, or Statistics
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working with data analytics software packages, data visualization tools and programming languages (Python, Pandas, Numpy and SQL)
- Available for 8 or 12-month Co-op commitment
- Experience with high pressure, complex, multiple stakeholder environments
- Enthusiasm, passion and drive to investigate and understand trends and new technologies
- A good sense of UX/UI design and visualization for translating business user stories to working prototypes with Tableau, or HTML5/CSS, Plot.ly Dash, or D3
- Experience using Tableau and R
- Experience with version control such as GitHub
As a Data Engineer – Internal Audit Services, you will build consistent, relevant and impactful data products, reporting solutions as well as visualizations for Internal Audit by leveraging the IA Ecosystem. In collaboration with cross-functional teams, the individual will be involved in a variety of challenging assignments as well as networking opportunities.
RBC Internal Audit leverages a unique perspective – with a coordinated view across the entire business – to deliver valuable advice that not only gives assurance, but that illuminates a bigger picture, connects dots, builds best practices and broadens possibilities.
TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Student/Coop (Fixed Term)
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.