Data Engineer Co-op
What will you do?
- Collaborate with data scientists, product managers, data engineers and auditors to design, develop and deploy data solutions within the IA Ecosystem
- Gather details from business and stakeholders in order to determine project scope and expected outcome and build data products accordingly
- Effectively communicate technical concepts through oral and written skills across cross-functional groups
- Responsible for every step of the data process from data ingestions, management, architecture, transformation, integration with business processes and all related production support
- Responsible for building and supporting data applications from concept to production and maintenance while leveraging existing tools and/or recommending new technologies within the IA Ecosystem
What do you need to succeed?
- Post-secondary education majoring in Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering, or Statistics
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working with data analytics software packages, data visualization tools and programming languages (Python, Pandas, Numpy and SQL)
- Available for 8 or 12-month Co-op commitment
- Experience with high pressure, complex, multiple stakeholder environments
- Enthusiasm, passion and drive to investigate and understand trends and new technologies
- A good sense of UX/UI design and visualization for translating business user stories to working prototypes with Tableau, or HTML5/CSS, Plot.ly Dash, or D3
- Experience using Tableau and R
- Experience with version control such as GitHub