Data Engineer (Opportunity for international candidates) in Multiple Locations
Looking to immigrate to Canada? Canada is ranked the #1 most attractive destination for immigrant workers by The Boston Consulting Group! CGI’s global delivery Centre in Atlantic Canada is growing rapidly, with exciting work opportunities to serve dynamic global enterprise clients from our offices in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island as well as remote work from our beautiful rural communities.
We are now welcoming international candidates to join us in delivering a vast array of business and technology solutions for leading organizations. The work permit process is handled by CGI, in partnership with a specialized law firm. Successful candidates and their family will benefit from a personalized attention throughout their immigration process and their onboarding period at CGI.
Who is CGI? We are Canada’s largest Information Technology Outsourcing and Management Consulting Company with a true global presence in a fast-paced and energetic atmosphere. CGI offers more than a job. We offer limitless opportunities where your personal and professional growth is accelerated by your desire and sense of commitment. CGI’s continuous growth is also a testament to the confidence clients place in them and to the dedication of their professionals. At CGI, all employees are called members because they feel a powerful sense of ownership and accountability.
Want to leverage your experience and development skills in the Healthcare industry as an AWS Data Engineer?
CGI is seeking an Data Engineer who can bring in expertise and industry best practices define better development and engineering approaches. This is an exciting opportunity to augment your current skills, as well as, learn new technologies.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
As an Data Engineer you will contribute to our Services practice and will have the below responsibilities:
- Work with technical development team and team lead to understand desired application capabilities.
- Continuously improve software engineering practices.
- Work within and across Agile teams to test and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Develop applications in AWS – data and analytics technologies including but not limited to Glue, EMR, Lambda, Step Functions, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, SNS, SQS, S3, VPC, EC2, RDS, IAM.
- Candidate would need to do development using application development by lifecycles, & continuous integration/deployment practices.
- Working to integrate open source components into data-analytic solutions
- Working with vendors to enhance tool capabilities to meet enterprise needs
- Willingness to continuously learn & share learnings with others
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Possess 5 – 7 years of overall experience within distributed systems
- Data application development and version control systems (i.e. Git or similar)
- Knowledge of application development lifecycles, & continuous integration/deployment practices
- Familiar with Database systems (SQL and NoSQL) ability to build efficient queries
- Understand Data warehousing solutions i.e. Snowflake / Star Schema
- Experience working with ETL tools for ingesting, processing and storing of data
- Familiar with and Leveraging Data APIs
- Demonstrated proficiency with either Python, Java, or Scala programming languages
- Knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Familiar with AWS services (i.e. Glue, EMR, Lambda, Step Functions, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, SNS, SQS, S3, VPC, EC2, RDS, IAM)
- Knowledge of IAC using terraform is preferred
- Snowflake MPP and graph database experience is preferred but not mandatory
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
Company Website: https://www.cgi.com/canada/en-ca/careers