CGI is offering an exciting opportunity as a Data Modeller. As a senior member of CGI’s national practice providing retail banking solutions and services to credit unions, you will be joining an experienced and dynamic team of global IT professionals serving our clients across Canada and the world.
As the data modeller, you will lead the activities associated with designing, developing and enhancing a multi-layer data storage and access solution. Your knowledge of data modelling, data profiling, data analysis and Database development as well as your agile delivery experience will be leveraged to assist with enabling and enriching our strategic data services roadmap. In addition to working on a small team of dedicated IT professionals, you will collaborate directly with the CGI management team and progressive clients. Your passion for researching new data-centric technologies and tools, ability to articulate the pros and cons of various data modelling concepts, and your proficiency for designing and developing data solutions will be relied upon to promote success throughout our journey.
If you are searching for a role that allows you to apply your data modelling knowledge and expertise in an exciting environment and work on a team that is eager to collaborate and propel data-centric solutions, this is definitely opportunity is for you.
- Understand and translate business needs into data models supporting long-term solutions
- Work with the overall application development team to implement new data strategies, build data flows and develop data models
- Design and creation of ETL process from disparate data sources
- Create logical and physical data models using best practices to ensure high data quality and reduced redundancy
- Optimize and update logical and physical data models to support new and existing projects
- Maintain conceptual, logical and physical data models along with corresponding metadata
- Design and implement a centralized data security and access control using windows active directory
- Perform reverse engineering of physical data models from databases and SQL scripts
- Evaluate data models and physical databases for variances and discrepancies.
- Analyze data-related system integration challenges and propose appropriate solutions.
- Guide your team members and other on available data driven capabilities as well as limitations, performance requirements and associated interfaces
- Design and development of SQL Server Datawarehouse and DataMart
- Performance enhancement of existing Datawarehouse for faster data retrieval by the reporting tools.
- Design the migration of existing ON PREM Datawarehouse / legacy data solution to Azure.
- Design Gateways for bridging ON PREM and Azure Databases.
Must Have Requirements:
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in Information Technology and 7+ years of Data Modeling/ Data Architect experience.
- Demonstrated experience in designing and developing complex SQL Server Data warehousing solutions
- Demonstrated Experience in ETL (SSIS), Data Warehousing, ODS Data Marts, and performance tuning methods.
- Proven track record of experience in data modeling and evaluating data from multiple sources, reconciling conflicts, decomposing high-level data into details as well as taking details and bringing to a higher level for general communication.
- Experience with data profiling, cleansing, and conforming rules.
- Demonstrated experience developing, validating, publishing, maintaining LOGICAL and PHYSICAL data models
- Demonstrated experience using common data modeling tools and technologies
- Demonstrated experience in developing, publishing, and maintaining all documentation for data models
- Demonstrated experience in Data analysis and modeling tools (e.g. ER/Studio)
- Strong experience with SqlServer, Postgres databases is preferred.
Nice to Have Requirements:
- Knowledge of emerging modeling techniques and experience in physical data modeling for relational and NoSQL/unstructured databases.
- Knowledge and experience working specifically in the retail banking and/or credit union space
- Knowledge of data governance principles and best practices
- Experience working with dimensionally modeled data in the financial domain
- Experience designing BI solutions using Microsoft technology solutions: SQL Server SSAS, SSRS & Power BI
Required Level of Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience
- Data Analysis
- Data Modeling
- SQL/PL SQL
- Data Warehousing
- Data Cleansing
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.