DCT Integration Lead
This is your opportunity to join AXIS Capital – a trusted global provider of specialty lines insurance and reinsurance. We stand apart for our outstanding client service, intelligent risk taking and superior risk adjusted returns for our shareholders. We also proudly maintain an entrepreneurial, disciplined and ethical corporate culture. As a member of AXIS, you join a team that is among the best in the industry.
At AXIS, we believe that we are only as strong as our people. We strive to create an inclusive and welcoming culture where employees of all backgrounds and from all walks of life feel comfortable and empowered to be themselves. This means that we bring our whole selves to work.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, civil union status, family or parental status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodation is available upon request for candidates taking part in the selection process.
The Lead Data Analyst for Future Insurance Platform Data Integration is the senior most member of the development team responsible for translating business requirements into pragmatic and functional application/technology solutions. The primary responsibility of this individual is to act as the steward of the FIP Data Lineage and Data Dictionary, grow into the expert of data and functional data transformations across components of the solution (subject areas of customer, broker, submission, quote, policy transactions, billing, claims), lead the data requirements, design, and implementation of data as it is passed to other corporate consumers, and drive the development team toward quality delivery. Strong knowledge of the insurance domain from a data perspective, experience in data dictionary maintenance / data lineage maintenance is required. Knowledge and expertise in Duck Creek Policy and Claims Manuscript/ Console configuration, XSLT transforms, SQL Business Intelligence/Database queries and stored procedures is preferred. Knowledge in Duck Creek Data Insights is a plus. A successful candidate will combine hands on functional/technical skills with the ability to develop solutions and mentor technical delivery teams.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of a comprehensive data dictionary and data lineage artifacts.
- Provide data and data modeling subject matter expertise to support for the Insights development efforts associated with Policy/Billing and Claims data integration. Provide application development support for
- Duck Creek and AQS (Downstream Integration Decisions). Maintain and update documentation and data related artifacts for all supported systems.
- Responsible for maintaining SOPs for developers and support resources with regard to job execution, balancing, and control.
- Provide application support and drive resolution of reported problems to customer satisfaction.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the P & C insurance with very good understanding of underwriting, rating, insurance rules, forms, claims, billing data.
- Collaborate and partner with vendors, creating a blended / unified team between internal development resources and external vendor resources.
- Drives and conducts POCs with the help of developers as required.
- Participates in code reviews.
- Partners with the development lead and project manager in a project/initiative to structure the work streams and plan for delivery of the solution. Includes estimating and assistance in work / activity assignment.
- Engage when needed in maintenance and support activities being performed, as well as routine analysis and evaluation on resource requirements necessary to maintain and/or expand service levels.
- Participates as a member of AXIS data quality team and drives data quality improvement initiatives for the
- Future Insurance Platform.
- Liaise between technical and non-technical resource team members to answer day to day business questions either directly or indirectly as supported by the Business Leads and SMEs
- Manage the day-to-day activities and deliverables of one or more Data Analysts
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Computer Science preferred
- Experience developing, and implementing complex integration business solutions and Packaged Insurance Products
- Experience in the military will also be considered
- 3 – 8+ years’ experience in P&C Insurance industry in a technology role preferred
- 3+ years’ experience developing in industry standard programming languages
- 3+ years’ experience in MS- SQL Server business intelligence (SSIS/SSRS/SSAS), HTML, XML, XSLT, XPATH
- 3+ years’ experience with database systems, SQL language, database design, and data lineage tools.
- Other relevant experience in the technology and business domain they support
- Experience with Duck Creek Policy Administration and Duck Creek integration preferred
- Experience with Duck Creek Insights – would be a plus
- Experience working with vendors, system integrators, and/ or in a managed service environment
- Experience working in a hybrid agile mode with knowledge of Kanban, Lean and Test-Driven environments
- Experience developing technical documentation including storyboarding, UML, sequence diagrams, component diagrams, information flows, use cases and presentations
- Dedicated and detail oriented
- Dedicated and conscientious team player
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently across the organization on a regular basis
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to motivate, mentor, and grow resource skills within a team environment