Deskside Support Analyst – Contract
Compugen is one of Canada’s largest privately-owned Information Technology (IT) Solution Providers. We help customers design, acquire, integrate and operate technology. Our mission is to help organizations realize new possibilities. Every day, our dedicated staff across North America focus on providing extraordinary customer service and support experiences to private and public sector organizations. We combine breadth of skill, depth of expertise, and commitment to operational excellence at scale to deliver exceptional, customer-focused experiences.
If you are driven to make a difference, relentlessly curious and collaborative at the core, we’d love to talk to you. Join us and help us make a difference.
The Deskside Support Analyst is one of the most crucial roles within our organization. This will be for an initial two month contract with possible extensions.
- You will perform replacements of end user computers that are running Windows 7.
- Refresh of currently deployed computers with new hardware.
- Software installation
- Information gathering (with clients)
- Physical exchange of devices located under and on client desks
- Tracking and reporting
- Other duties within skillset as assigned by coordinator
- Provide service desk technical support to users via phone, email or desk side
- Move computing hardware and associated re-configuring
- Install new and used hardware units and components
- Resolve technical problems and perform diagnostics
- Perform hardware warranty and non-warranty repairs of desktops, notebooks, and printers
- Coordinate warranty and post-warranty repair of hardware and accessories
- Update, escalate and close tickets in various systems
- Maintain customer supplied “Hot Spare” and parts inventory
- Oversee timesheet management and reporting
- A diploma in the Information Systems discipline or equivalent (eg. NSCC, Eastern College, University diploma)
- Demonstrated experience in customer service
- A diligent worker who is able to perform tasks as requested without the need for a high level of supervision
- A minimum of 2 years of related experience or diploma in and collaboration skills a relevant program of study from an accredited institution
- A+ Certification
- Warranty authorizations for HP, Dell, IBM, and Toshiba are an asset
- Working knowledge of network printers and cabling/LAN technologies as well as the ability to support smart/mobile devices is an asset
- Knowledge of ITIL processes or ITSM toolset is an asset
- Experience with an incident and problem management tool such as Service Now
- Strong Windows 7, 10 OS knowledge and experience supporting Office 365 suite of products
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Superb communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to take direction and follow procedures consistently and accurately
- Strong time management skills
- You are comfortable working both independently and in a cooperative environment
- You have a valid driver’s license
- Availability to work on standby when required
Be part of one of Canada’s leading IT companies.
Consistent with our commitments to equity and diversity, we actively recruit from all designated groups. We also provide employment accommodation upon request to current staff members and to applicants during the recruitment process. We aim to provide a work environment where excellence is allowed to flourish and diversity is prized. Compugen is committed to providing accommodation throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, the hiring manager and the human resources contact will work with you to meet your needs.