DEV OPS PROGRAMMER
Our DevOps Programmer will be an integral part of the team that not only helps the company take advantage of emerging trends but helps drive and define the trend. As part of the team you will help ideate, investigate, and prove new techniques which can be used to improve both current and future Alpha Dog titles and services. You will be asked to not only write significant portions of new code bases but maintain and integrate that code into existing code bases as well. Our team is results driven and we are looking for people who want to actualize real world technologies that impact the industry in a profound way. Expect your abilities and scope of work to expand in a fast paced and highly innovative environment.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with some of the biggest IP in the industry using quantitative and qualitative data to drive success in F2P games and ensure a great experience for our players. By joining Alpha Dog Games, you are part of a growing studio that believes in work/life balance, equity and diversity. Located on the East Coast in Canada’s ocean playground, Halifax is host to a thriving video game industry with affordable living and cultural amenities featuring sandy beaches, scenic coastal villages, and a bustling night life. If you have a passion for mobile games, this job is for you.
The Alpha Dog team is located in Halifax, NS Canada. Other work locations negotiable
- Co-developing requirements for new services, engaging in iterative development on infrastructure and applications, and supporting the operations team with adapting services in the live environment.
- Build, support, and lead operation of our internal services infrastructure.
- Operationalize services built for new technologies in concert with external operations and platform teams.
- Lead interface for operations and platform teams as they operate services supporting new technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Science, or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years or more hands-on experience in designing, developing, implementing, and supporting services
- Experience with containerization and orchestration that surround their use (docker, containerd, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experience with multiple cloud provider offerings, frameworks and the software ecosystems that surrounds their use. (e.g. AWS, Azure, OpenStack)
- Experience with scripting languages such as Bash, PowerShell, Python
- Experience with programming languages in one or more of the following
- Typescript/NodeJS, Python, C/C++, Java, Golang, C#
- Experience with monitoring, reporting, and logging tools at local and cloud scale
- Knowledge of version control systems and branching concepts (e.g. GitHub, Perforce)
- Experience using and/or developing build pipelines and workflows (e.g. Jenkins, Team City)
- Good understanding of OSI model fundamentals and applied experience with networking and NAT traversal
- Experience writing resilient, secure, well-tested, maintainable code
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Windows & MacOS administration experience
- Experience using databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB, Azure CosmosDB, AWS DynamoDB, PostgreSQL)
- Experience using various storage solutions (Object/Block/File)
- Experience with various messaging technologies (e.g. RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ, AWS Firehose, Azure EventHub, Kafka)
- Exposure with one or more configuration management tools (e.g. Ansible, Puppet, Chef)
- Exposure to one or more infrastructure as code tools (e.g. Terraform, AWS CloudFormation, Azure Resource Manager, OpenStack Heat)
- Good understanding of DNS, TLS, and certificate management
- Experience configuring and implementing authNZ protocols with new services using common identity providers (e.g. Active Directory, LDAP, AWS Cognito)
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.