As a DevOps Engineer, you will manage and improve the communication between the operational and developmental sides of the software development process, including coding, infrastructure management, system administration, and DevOps toolchains.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a strong understanding of common system architecture, provisioning, and administration, but must also have experience with the traditional developer toolset and practices such as using source control, giving and receiving code reviews, writing unit tests. And have a high sense of ownership, a service-oriented mentality, and will proactively escalate any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes.
They will ensure applications are accessible to a diverse user base and the solutions developed must be adaptable to various implementation/design scenarios. This requires a proven ability to articulate ideas and the ability to work with a development team to produce industry-leading solutions.
- Design and deploy scalable, highly available, secure, and fault tolerant systems on AWS for the development and test lifecycle of our cloud security product.
- Focus on building Dockerized application components by integrating with AWS ECS.
- Examine data to grasp issues, draw conclusions, and solve problems.
- Working closely with product owners to define the scope of work for upcoming releases
work with QA (whether they be manual testers or developers who write test automation) to improve the speed, efficacy, and output of testing methodologies.
- Take ownership of the DevOps aspects of our products
- Use ticket management systems such as Jira and Confluence to manage work priorities
- 3 years of experience working with AWS and a proven track record of building complex infrastructure
- High level of knowledge with AWS design, architecture, and services (EC2, IAM, S3, etc.)
- Sound knowledge of server infrastructure, virtualization, and cloud computing
- Experience with architecting and maintaining high availability production systems
- Strong development skills in C#
- Experience in Software Installation, configuration, and Patching Knowledge of system monitoring in a cloud environment including cloud-specific products and tools
- Experience with Agile and DevOps concepts Developing monitoring architecture and implementing monitoring agents, dashboards, escalations, and alerts
- Ability to support both Windows and Linux servers
Preferred candidates will also meet the following criteria:
- 3 years’ experience in architecture, design, development, delivery of distributed applications
- Experience architecting and operating systems built with Amazon Web Services
- Experience with Docker containers.
- Experience with Confluent Kafka and Event-Driven Architecture
- Sound experience with Infrastructure as Code (CloudFormation, CDK etc.)
- AWS Certifications.
- Advanced SSH, PostgreSQL configuration and operation experience
- Prior experience with Agile development and iterative development methodologies. Scrum, Pair Programming,
- TDD, Unit Testing
- Involvement with the local development community; active in forums and/or newsgroups
- Easily catches on to new technologies and concepts and can help others with them
- Promote cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve common goals
- You can lead a project yourself
- You automate things rather than doing them twice.