VERB is a digital marketing agency located in downtown Halifax, Nova Scotia. Our global clients offer the opportunity to work and collaborate with some of the world’s biggest destinations, resorts, and travel brands—and with our employee travel credit, it’s easy to experience them for yourself. We take a balanced approach to work/life and have fun at the office– or wherever we happen to be working. We are passionate about exceeding expectations, and we thrive on jobs other agencies might find too big, or too difficult, or too fast
Sound good? Great, here’s who we’re looking for…
We are looking for an experienced and driven DevOps Engineer to join our growing development team at VERB! The candidate will play a key role in assisting our Product Development team, and will be responsible for various efforts to optimize systems and tools.
What You Will Do
- Assist our product development team by optimizing infrastructure systems and tools
- Develop and maintain our Kubernetes cluster
- Support implementation of cloud products through architecture guidance, best practices, data migration, capacity planning, implementation, troubleshooting, monitoring, backups, etc.
- Create tooling to support product development and release management (e.g. continuous integration pipelines, test automation, etc.)
- Work closely with product development to increase product quality and performance, decrease cycle time and improve developer efficiency.
- Manage creation of sanitized test data for non-production environments.
- Automate key areas of our development workflow (CI/CD pipelines, build and test processes)
- Improve the end-to-end development experience and full-stack tooling for product teams
- 5-6 years of professional experience in DevOps or equivalent
- Strong understanding of DevOps engineering best practices
- Experience with:
- Implementing and managing Kubernetes
- Cloud infrastructure
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with PHP 7 would be an asset
- Experience in API development or Dev Ops for an API development team is considered an asset
Our benefits are anything but basic, with vacation time available on day 1 (not to mention an extra bonus week during the holidays), an annual travel credit (for non-work related travel), and free office snacks and drinks to keep you energized when you’re around.
In addition, we offer the following and are consistently looking for new ways to enhance the benefits we offer to our team:
- 100% premium share option for Group Health Insurance (medical, dental, vision), with a health spending account to top up your claims
- A healthy living account
- Company matching RRSP program
- Top up for Parental/Pregnancy leave
- Remote and flexible work arrangements
- Transit and fitness discounts
- Recreational sports teams
- Learning and development opportunities with a multitude of resources
- Internal recognition programs