Director, Strategy in Halifax, NS
Reference Number: 9924
Title: Director, Strategy
Location: Halifax, NS
Type of Employment: Reg, FT
Nova Scotia Power’s greatest source of energy is our people. We are committed to providing safe and rewarding careers for our employees, and by doing so providing exceptional service to our customers. We’re hiring solution-minded people excited to help us grow into the future. We are currently looking to fill the position of Director, Strategy to join our team.
Reporting to the CEO, you will lead the oversight and implementation of Nova Scotia Power’s strategic priorities and corporate initiatives. Specifically, you will lead the development and implementation of NSP strategy to support our transition to clean, affordable and reliable energy in a way that incorporates internal and external stakeholder engagement, reflects NSPs vision and values and is aligned with Emera’s strategic direction. In addition, you will act as Strategic Advisor to the CEO and in this capacity will structure meetings and information to ensure it is fit for purpose and aligned with NSPs strategic direction.
Key elements of the role:
- Work closely with Executive Leadership team and diverse stakeholders to provide guidance and structure in the development and implementation of NSP’s transformational goals and objectives.
- Ensures alignment and contributes to the advancement of Emera’s corporate strategy and 2050 Net-Zero vision.
- Lead key initiatives that directly support execution and advancement of the company’s strategy.
- Seek out collaborative opportunities for the NSP, oversee and advise on external stakeholder engagement/management and potential partnership development.
- Keep abreast of industry trends, technology development, policy environment in order to inform NSP strategy.
- Manage internal stakeholder relationships across departments and functions.
- Accountable for annual business planning and tracking.
- Ensures business unit initiatives and projects are aligned and integrated with the company’s strategy, goals and objectives.
- Monitor and report on progress towards the achievement of NSP’s strategy, including development and management of short- and medium-term strategic targets and risks.
- Understand emerging issues and relevant industry, customer, and technology trends; analyze the impact / implications of those trends on strategic plans.
- Create and present materials for internal and external stakeholders related to strategy or initiatives.
- Coordinate Executive Leadership Team meetings to ensure focus on key strategic issues.
- Serve a coordinating function between the CEO/ELT and Director’s Forum.
Competencies, Skills and Experience:
As the ideal candidate you bring:
- 7-10 years of experience related to the energy industry, of which at least 3-5 years spent at a senior or manager level;
- A Bachelor’s and/or master’s degree in Finance, Economics, Engineering, or relevant field;
Relevant experience in strategy development, strategic analysis with a business mindset;
- Excellent consultative skills including the ability to solicit change; anticipate, analyze and advise on issues and problems; generate solutions and recommendations; and formulate implementation plans
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Superior business presentation skills with the ability to write and verbally present recommendations confidently in a clear, concise and compelling manner
- Ability to adapt presentation styles to a diverse set of audiences;
- Strong relationship, communication and influencing skills
- Proficiency in the MS Office Suite of software
Reports to : President & CEO
Form of Application: Click the APPLY button at the end of the online job posting. Complete all required information fields, and copy and paste your covering letter and resume into the online form.
Salary: To commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Must Be Received By: All interested candidates should apply no later than May 20th, 2022. Late applications may not receive consideration.
Recruitment and Promotion Policy: When filling vacant positions, we are determined to hire the best candidates available. We are committed to providing employees with a fair and equal opportunity to compete for jobs. Hiring and promotion of employees is based on skills, capabilities, knowledge and demonstrated abilities.
In accordance with Emera’s occupational health and safety program and the Emera Vaccine Program, subject to any approved accommodation, all employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. For clarity, “fully vaccinated” means 14 days since having the number of doses or combination of doses of a vaccine approved by Health Canada or local public health agencies in the jurisdiction in which they will be employed.
At Emera we value diversity, equity, and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including persons who identify as racially visible, Indigenous, persons with disabilities, women in underrepresented roles and members of the LGBTQ+ community. Applicants from these equity groups may self-identify through the on-line application process. Emera supports candidates and employees with access and accommodation needs.
If you are selected for an interview and require a specific accommodation, please advise our Talent Acquisition team and we will support you with the recruitment process.