Embedded Software Developer (Senior)
Software Developer (OTT Integration)
REDspace builds cutting-edge video streaming technology and user experiences that are transforming the media & entertainment industry.
You will have experience working with operations on OTT devices and set top boxes, non-framework JS development experience, and related JS-devops-style experience. Video delivery, game development, and webGL experience will be considered an asset but not a requirement.
Please note: Due to the complexity, required collaboration and confidential nature of this work, these positions must work onsite at our Bedford Office in a secure space while assigned to this project.
- 2+ years of development experience.
- Understanding of conditioning, configuring, enabling, testing set top boxes for software development and deployment.
- Ability to debug and solve challenging problems.
- Proficient at generating code in existing code bases and from scratch.
- Strong understanding of the following:
- Web architecture & web standards
- Agile Methodologies such as Scrum, Sprints & Kanban
- Source Code Management (Git, GitHub, Bitbucket)
- Node Ecosystem Build Tools (Rush, Webpack, Gulp, NPM)
- Integrating with REST APIs
- Work well in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment that requires meeting tight deadlines.Ability to
- work both individually and collaboratively with a team of developers, designers, project managers, and clients.
- Great attitude and sense of humour (even if it’s just making yourself laugh). You’ll be hard-pressed to find egos around here.
- Passion for learning new technologies and a desire to stay up to date with industry trends and best practices.
- Taking pride and ownership of everything you’re assigned, seeing all tasks through to completion.
- Experience in video and an understanding of bitrate and memory profiling is considered an asset.
- Knowledge in WebGL or Unity3D
- Knowledge of DRM (Digital Rights Management)
Working at REDspace.
One of the big plus sides of working at REDspace is we look out for you.
Your well-being. We offer:
- Fully company-funded health, vision, dental, and life insurance coverage with access to an online doctor
- Pension plan contribution matching
- Healthy living allowance
Your career. We’re invested in your growth. We offer:
- Annual professional development allowance
- Bi-weekly and monthly Project and Tech shares
- Annual salary and performance reviews
Your happiness. You’ll enjoy coming to work every day. We offer:
- A flexible work environment with remote work options, in office opportunities or a mixed approach
- Financial relocation assistance
- Social and team building events
- Charitable donation matching
At REDspace, our team’s diversity makes us stronger.
Different backgrounds, talents, skills, experiences, and perspectives strengthen our business and the communities in which we work and live. We are committed to growing and cultivating an inclusive environment that enables knowledge sharing and collaboration—empowering our employees to be their best.
We hire based on merit and skill and make all employment-related and hiring decisions regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or indigenous origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital status, or Veteran status.
Where to find us!
168-1595 Bedford Hwy
Bedford NS, Canada B4A 3Y4
This position is based out of our Bedford office. We offer a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience. We appreciate your interest in REDspace. Please note, only candidates who meet the requirements of the role will be contacted.