FRONT END (UI/UX) DEVELOPER
GSTS is a leading-edge Artificial Intelligence company developing solutions for the maritime sector. Our solutions allow for real time decision-making intelligence to save lives, energy, and the environment.
We are based in Dartmouth, NS within easy commute of both the Dartmouth and Halifax downtown core. Our facility has plenty of free parking as well as easy access to public transport. We’re committed to building our presence in the Maritimes, while still supporting working remotely where possible.
GSTS seeks exceptional talent to support recently awarded contracts, ongoing projects, and company growth. We seek individuals with drive, initiative, and motivation to join our team and make the world a safer, greener place for all.
As part of our team, you will aid in the development of our OCIANA™ Platform, a Software as a Service (SAAS) product line, as well as a wide range of other projects. You’ll work closely with the development team and key leads to ensure designs are accurately implemented and meet the key requirements.
Your duties will include:
- Plan and implement new designs
- Optimize existing user interface designs
- Create prototypes for new product ideas / functions
- Test new ideas before implementing
- We use Gitlab throughout to manage our projects, with CI/CD processes to deploy to the cloud effectively and reliably.
If you meet all the experience and qualification requirements, believe you have the right stuff, and are confident you can show us, apply today!
Experience and Qualifications:
- At least 5 years of commercial web development experience
- Previous experience creating interactive design prototypes.
- Proven and demonstratable portfolio of design work
- Ability to interpret and accurately recreate mockups in HTML/CSS
- Ability to follow best practices when writing HTML/CSS
- Strong familiarity with commonly UI design tools (Sketch, Marvel, AdobeXD, Balsamiq, etc.)
- Working experience with version control (Gitlab, GIT, etc.)
Additional Experience and Qualifications an asset:
- Experience with creating Progressive Web Apps (PWA)
- Knowledge of leading web frameworks/libraries (React, Leaflet, etc.)
- Experience with NodeJS in development workflow
Candidates must be Canadian Citizens, Permanent Residents of Canada; or a citizen of a NATO country and hold or be eligible to obtain a Government Security Clearance. Candidates must be willing to obtain a criminal background check.
Why work for us?
While we offer very competitive salaries and extended health benefits, including flexible working hours and growth opportunities; the main reason to consider a position with us is the opportunity to work alongside great people with a shared desire to make a real difference in the world.
This is not just a position, it’s a chance to be part of something bigger; we actively promote personal growth and training – for example the company has just restructured to support the current and future growth plans and have recently promoted four internal employees to Director positions – come and join us and make a difference!
We are committed to creating a sense of belonging within our team. We have placed an emphasis on fostering a diverse, collaborative, and inclusive working environment. We welcome applications from qualified candidates irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, or religious beliefs.
We thank all candidates that apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Employee assistance program
Extended health care
Work from home