Full Stack Java Developer
CPQi provides consultative services and expertise to help our clientele in the financial industry deliver better services to their users, speed up development lifecycles and bring them into a digital age. We work with 8 of the world’s top 12 banks, exposing our team to the most exciting technologies and strategies in today’s digital era. You will be working on various projects supporting our clients and we want you to grow with us. In doing that we focus heavily on the progress and education of all of our team members. That’s why we invest in you by offering CPQi University, paid certifications and other training programs. We want to build a career for life here at CPQi.
What you’ll do:
- Act as a Sr. Programmer Analyst with emphasis on Java
Work with additional open systems tech such as Kafka, MongoDB, Oracle DB, Spring Boot, etc.
- Translate business requirements into system design, work directly with business analysts on requirements, prepare detailed technical specifications, and provide hour or story point estimates
- Perform tech lead role under minimal direction to design, code, test, debug, and maintain programs
- Provide system support, including on-call rotation, troubleshoot, and resolve complex system issue
- Provide guidance, training and mentorship to other associates, including performing code peer reviews, suggesting best practices and capable of working in an agile environment.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelors degree preferred and/or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of Java development experience
- Open systems development skills such as Java, JEE, JSP, Spring, Springboot, Spring JPA, Rest, GraphQL, Json, Junit, JDBC.
- Knowledge of Mongo, Docker, React, Kubernetes, Microservices are a plus
- Experience with DevOps, CI/CD, and/or Agile are a plus
- Provide system support, including on-call rotation, troubleshoot, and resolve complex issues.
- A continuous learner, forward-thinking, open to new processes and technologies
- Strong experience with API development
- Experience with API gateways and patterns. Working knowledge with Mulesoft is preferred.
- Good understanding with Micro Service Architecture
- Experience with real time messaging platforms – Kafka.
- Experience with data security and authentication.
- Knowledge of financial services industry is a plus.
- UI Development experience is a plus
*** Must be located in, or willing to relocate to Halifax