Alpha Dog Games is looking for talented Graphics Programmers with experience on mobile devices to join our team that is pushing the boundaries of mobile. Programmers will work closely with artists, programmers, designers, and producers to implement and optimize game features.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with some of the biggest IP in the industry using quantitative and qualitative data to drive success in F2P games and ensure a great experience for our players. By joining Alpha Dog Games, you are part of a growing studio that believes in work/life balance, equity and diversity. Located on the East Coast in Canada’s ocean playground, Halifax is host to a thriving video game industry with affordable living and cultural amenities featuring sandy beaches, scenic coastal villages, and a bustling night life. If you have a passion for mobile games, this job is for you.
The Alpha Dog team is located in Halifax, NS Canada. Other work locations negotiable
- Writes clear, maintainable, highly functional code and portable C#/C++ code;
- Understands mobile graphics APIs e.g. Metal, Vulkan;
- Understands profiling and optimization on mobile devices;
- Understands rendering pipeline in common game engines such as Unity and Unreal
- Writes and maintains custom shaders across a range of hardware;
- Test and document code you write;
- Support and maintains existing systems;
- Provide technical expertise to develop cutting-edge technologies to include: architecture, design, prototype, implement, test, debug, document, profile, maintain, and support;
- Review code from other team members.
- 5+ years C# development and graphics programming experience;
- Unity Engine experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent experience;
- Experience in design and implementation of cutting-edge graphics techniques and detailed knowledge of mobile devices;
- Experience writing systems balancing performance and maintainability;
- Experience profiling and optimizing both CPU and GPU utilization;
- Experience with game editor plugins/modification;
- Ability to contribute innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of game production and development;
- Passion for making GREAT games;
- Experience playing previous Bethesda games.
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.