Human Systems Integration Complex Coordinator
Specific Job Description
As an employee of Lockheed Martin Canada Inc, (Lockheed Martin)’s Engineering and Technology organization, the successful candidate will join the Canadian Surface Combatant (CSC) program’s Human Systems Integration (HSI) team, working closely with the customer, end user, Lockheed Martin’s Program Management and Technical Leadership teams, and Partners and Subcontractors. The individual will be responsible to facilitate the human-centric design and development of one or multiple of the following Ship Complexes: Operations, Navigation, Medical, Internal Battle, Aviation, Ship Administration.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Facilitate Ship Complex systems engineering effort to ensure that Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) and Cross-
- Product Teams (CPTs) (both human and non-human transversals) are driving development of the Complex in an integrated, human-centric manner; in particular, ensure the requirements of all human systems domains are integrated into the development of the ship
- Identify trade space issues and opportunities, as well as lead the process to resolve issues and capitalize on opportunities – both within the human domains and between the human and non-human systems domains
- Support the human systems domain teams in the resolution of roadblocks.
Lockheed Martin Canada is the Canadian-based arm of Lockheed Martin Corporation, a global security and aerospace company employing 115,000 people worldwide, including more than 1,300 Canadians. By applying innovative approaches of our highly skilled and experienced Canadian workforce, we have been Canada’s trusted defence and aerospace partner for over 80 years. We operate major facilities in Ottawa, Montreal, Halifax, Calgary and Victoria and work on a wide range of programs from advanced naval technology products and unmanned systems software to providing delivery and in-service support of the latest military aircraft to commercial engine repair and overhaul capabilities. This position is part of the Rotary and Mission Systems business area, where employees across Canada support engineering, systems integration, training, sustainment and in-service support programs for Canadian and international military customers across land, air and sea.
Clearance required for role
Required skills, qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in systems engineering, industrial engineering, or related field
- Minimum 5-years’ experience leading a multi-disciplinary, complex systems engineering team
- Minimum 9 years systems engineering and / or Naval combat experience
5+ years recent experience working in some or all of the human systems domains including human factors engineering, training, personnel and crew development, health and safety, habitability, and human survivability
- Working experience with American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) International (2015) Standard
- Practice for Human Systems Integration Program Requirements for Ships and Marine Systems, Equipment, and Facilities, Military Standard (MIL-STD)-46855A, MIL-STD-1472G, MIL-STD-882E, Military Handbook (MIL-HDBK)-454B, and North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) Standard ANEP-77 Part 1
- Flexibility to adapt quickly to changing requirements
- Experience in an environment utilizing a Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) methodology
- Experience in an environment utilizing an AGILE methodology
- Experience working with customers to discuss/review program requirements, missions and roles, task/operational needs, and resulting ship, complex, space, workstation, and equipment designs
- Excellent oral communication skills; comfortable interacting with senior stakeholders
- Communicate effectively with technical and non-technical members of the engineering/management staff and personnel assigned to related work
- Strong technical writing skills
- Have a high degree of initiative and autonomy
- The ability to work effectively both in a team environment and independently as required
- Aptitude for solving challenging problems in a team environment
- Ability to adapt and perform in a dynamic environment
- Ability to prioritize competing demands
- Experience with systems, software, hardware, and industrial engineering lifecycles.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
- Degree in Human Systems Integration or a related field
- Familiarity with Dynamic Object-Oriented Requirements System (DOORS), SharePoint, Windchill, Redmine or
- Experience with Military/Coast Guard Naval domain
- Experience with Change Management, Requirements Management, and Security.
Workplace Vaccination Policy
Lockheed Martin Canada is committed to lead and support efforts to ensure a safe and healthy work environment for our employees, partners and customers. Our Workplace Vaccination policy provides direction on our approach to managing COVID-19 and that policy will likely evolve as conditions and legal requirements change. At this time, all current and future employees of Lockheed Martin Canada who work on certain federal government sites must be fully vaccinated. We are also asking all employees to voluntarily submit their current vaccine status.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin Canada is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. We are committed to excellence in serving all customers, including people with disabilities, and we encourage feedback on the provision of these services.