IM/IT Senior Business/Systems Analyst
The IM/IT Senior Business Analyst/ Systems Analyst reports to the IM/IT Manager, Business Application, and is responsible for the evaluation, testing, implementation, maintenance, and support of information management and technology solutions, projects and services across NSHA, IWK and its many external clients. The IM/IT Sr. BA/SA collaborates with key clinical and business stakeholders throughout the province as the organization, in partnership with the province’s Internal Services Department and the Department of Health and Wellness, moves towards the rationalization of disparate systems and strategy.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
• Work on complex, cross-functional, and provincial business application solutions including SAP, SuccessFactors and time systems
• Coordinate transport management and release planning schedules for SAP Employee Central (EC) and/or SAP Human Capital Management (HCM) functional team
• Information gathering and documentation of business/technical requirements
• Perform SAP integration and user acceptance testing
• Ensure IT systems and processes are implemented and maintained to support the effective and safe delivery of information to business resources at NSHA/IWK.
• Establish and maintain working relationships between the Clinical and Business stakeholders and IM/IT to determine appropriate IT solutions
• Interpret business requirements and determine optimum business application solutions to meet needs
• Apply data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation efforts meet integration and performance expectations
• Collaborate with other team members, vendors and clinical stakeholders
• Perform analyses for a wide range of requests using data in different formats and from various platforms
• Complete other duties as assigned in relation to the position description
• Degree or diploma in an Information Technology, Business Analysis or Health Related discipline. Consideration may be given to those with equivalent training and relevant experience
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Technology, Business Analysis or Health Related field
•5+ years’ experience in application programming, systems analysis, business analysis or systems support
• Experience with SAP EC and/or HCM solution and its various integration points an asset
• Experience in payroll, time systems, considered an asset.
• Experience and/or training with healthcare information systems and terminology an asset
• Strong analytical skills to gather and implement user requirements
• Experience working with large volumes of different types of data
• Working knowledge of the role of metadata management in data governance
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
• Competencies in other languages an asset, French preferred
Hours of Work
Permanent Full Time Position; 75 hours bi-weekly.