Intermediate/Senior DevOps/SRE Engineer (Linux)
For more than 20 years Global Relay has set the standard and trends in compliant communications with our multi-award winning unified communications, data capture, and data analysis platform. We securely capture and manage the world’s communications data and give its owners greater control and visibility to drive value and ensure compliance with the regulatory requirements of a large variety of industries and authorities.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits and all the other typical things you expect, but we are not your typical company. Global Relay is a career-making company. It is a place for big ideas, new challenges, and cutting-edge innovation. It is a place where you can make an impact.
As a DevOps/SRE Engineer you will be responsible for the reliability and smooth operation of your service in both production and test environments.
At Global Relay we use leading edge technologies to deploy and manage 1000’s of servers and the infrastructure that delivers highly scalable and available services. The role involves cross-team collaboration and communication; you will be working closely with key stakeholders to ensure that product requirements are met. This is an opportunity to influence the design and implementation of systems at scales that many do not get a chance to work at.
- Ensure service reliability and up-time in production and test environments
- Be on-call and provide 3rd level troubleshooting support when required
- Monitoring up-time and performance of production systems
- Executing common sysadmin (system administration) tasks such as applying patches and report generation and some DB administration
- Occasionally help out in improving tools to reduce repetitive work and improve consistency
- 3+ years’ experience as a production operations or SRE engineer or similar role
- Understanding of software systems concepts such as networking, firewalls, protocols, databases and more
- Experience with:
- Linux Teams: Linux (CentOS preferred), Bash and Maven/Gradle
- Window Teams: Windows, PowerShell and Nuget
- RDBS and NoSQL DBs such as Ms SQL, Cassandra
- CI/CD tools such as Jenkins or Bamboo
- Infrastructure as Code tools such as Ansible or Puppet
- Containerization/Virtualization technology such as Docker, VMware or OpenShift Kubernetes
- Load balancing tools such as HA-Proxy, Nginx or F5
- Experience with the following would be considered an asset:
- Experience with any of these: Cassandra, Zookeeper, Hadoop, Kafka, Ms SQL, or MongoDB
- Experience leading or mentoring other engineers
- Understanding of software delivery practices such as feature toggling, no-downtime deployment
At Global Relay there is no ceiling. This is the land of opportunity for the energetic, intelligent, and driven people that make this company great. The combination of the right people in the right positions and a rapidly growing company means unlimited career potential.
You will receive the mentoring, coaching, and support that you need to reach your personal and career goals. You’ll be part of a culture that promotes and rewards hard work and creativity and will grow into the new opportunities that are available to you.
To learn more about our business, culture, and community involvement, visit www.globalrelay.com.