IT Information Security Engineer
Coalition Security Group – the Coalition Security Group is a Managed Security Services Provider for the Jonas Software business units. The Coalition Security Group provides services that include Security Architecture and Engineering, Cloud Security, Identity & Access Management, Security Risk Assessments, BC/DR and Regulatory Compliance services.
We are seeking a Information Security Engineer with a broad-based background in vulnerability assessment, managed detection and response, security standards implementation, and remediation. This is a mid-level technical role in a fast-paced growing security organization providing managed security and compliance services.
- Providing recommendations for security improvements to existing processes and technology,
- Provide information to complete annual security assessments, including third party risks, penetration tests, business continuity, disaster recovery, NIST/ PCI/ GDPR.
- Assist JFL&P business units with IT and security tool implementations (SIEM/IVM/AppSec/Pentest) and ongoing support.
- Implementing and operating vulnerability management and security log collection and monitoring tools, analyzing data from those tools.
- Evaluate and implement new security features in new and existing AWS and Azure cloud platforms (containers, VPC, RDS, EC2, WAF, security groups), etc.
- Participating in Incident Response Tabletop exercises with the security team to practice for incident response efforts.
- Working with different information security tools to provide security assessments as needed.
- API integration work including writing scripts and development of automation around detection and remediation activities.
- Collaboration with internal and external groups to develop policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines for security best practices.
- Manage and conduct investigations as needed for company business, legal, and compliance.
- Given the growing nature of the organization, you will work closely with other internal and external groups and may also assist in other security activities as necessary in response to assessments and/or audits.
- Providing support and guidance to business for security regulatory requirements to ensure compliance.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science (or equivalent) degree and a minimum of two (2) years of formal information technology & security work experience.
- Certifications such as SANS GIAC, CISM, OSCP, CISSP, and CEH are preferred.
- Familiarity with and practical application of capability maturity models (CMMs) relating to vulnerability management and log monitoring are preferred.
- A demonstrated history of working with multiple security tools and experience with vulnerability management, log analysis, and incident response.
- Prior SIEM experience is required (Rapid7, Q-Radar, Splunk, SecureWorks, etc.).
- Capability of performing forensic examination, packet dissection and log analysis, and be able to communicate effectively to senior management and executives.
- Train employees on new technology, as it is deployed, and support on an ongoing basis.
- Ability to complete and conduct hands-on technical assessment of the cyber threat landscape in terms of its potential impact on the organization and recommending strategic, mitigating actions.
- A self-starter and works with business to help manage cyber risks to an acceptable level.
- This position will require on-call availability.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Number of Openings Available:
More About Jonas Software:
Jonas Software is the leading provider of enterprise management software solutions to the Country and Golf Clubs, Foodservice, Construction, Fitness & Sports, Attractions, Salon & Spa, Education, Radiology/Laboratory Information Systems, and Product Licensing industries. Within these vertical markets, Jonas is made up of over 65 distinct brands, which are respected and leaders within their own domain.
Jonas’ vision is to be the branded global leader across the aforementioned vertical markets and to be recognized by customers and respective industry stakeholders as the trusted provider of ‘Software for Life’ and as an ambassador for technology, product innovation, quality, and customer service.
Jonas Software is the valued technology partner of over 60,000 customers worldwide in more than 30 countries. Jonas employs over 2,000 skilled individuals consisting of a cross-section of industry experts and technology professionals. Jonas is headquartered in Canada and also operates offices throughout North America, the United Kingdom, Europe, Australia New Zealand and Africa. Jonas is a 100% owned subsidiary of Constellation Software Inc., headquartered in Toronto and traded on the S&P/TSX 60.