IT Project Manager
Specific Job Description
We are looking for an IT Project Manager to lead and coordinate project planning, resourcing, staffing, supply and subcontract management, progress reporting, troubleshooting and people management.
The role of the IT Project Managers to ensure project results meet requirement regarding technical quality, reliability schedule and cost. You will monitor performance and recommend schedule changes (cost/resources) and solve technical and non-technical problems throughout the life of the project.
You will be required to prepare various IT functional charts, reports and presentations, provide updates to project sponsors, end users and management and be required to provide a high level of advice and guidance to a range of stakeholders across the company with respect to Project Management activities.
- Provide a high level of advice and guidance to a range of stakeholders across the Company with respect to Project Management activities.
- Develop project artefacts, including but not limited to work breakdown structures, schedules, resource profiles, and project management plans.
- Guide the completion of project(s) in accordance with the approved project plans and work authorisations.
- Co-ordinate work allocation for project assigned personnel.
- Co-ordinate timely and accurate information and status updates in accordance with Earned Value Management (EVM) principles as required.
- Contribute to the monitoring and reporting on project performance in accordance with the project approved plans and budget requirements.
- Contribute to the review and submission of project reports to the customer.
- Provide timely updates on changes that impact the approved project plans, statements of work, resource profiles, and schedule.
- Provide input to allow the development, submission and negotiation of changes necessary to approve project plan, work scope, resource profile, budget and schedule.
- Identify any requirements to add, delete, delay or advance project activities.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders in relation to project resourcing requirements.
- Co-ordinate inputs to update project risk registers as required.
- In consultation, identify, monitor, mitigate, action and report on all project risks that impact
requirements (including scope), effort (hours) and schedule.
- Act as a point of contact for the customer as required.
- Monitor the delivery of Customer Furnished Data/Equipment/Material in accordance with the approved project schedule(s).
- Maintain regular contact with subcontractors and/or other applicable parties.
- Ensure that work assigned to subcontractors and/or other applicable parties is completed in accordance with the approved project schedule(s).
- Contribute to the preparation of proposals, including the development of proposal artefacts and business plans.
- Develop solutions to a variety of complex problems, and provide and implement effective approved solutions
- Actively attend and contribute to customer meetings as required
Actively contribute to the successful completion of specific programs and initiatives.
- Contribute to business improvement initiatives.
- Assist in the Induction of new personnel as required.
- Comply with legislation and Company policies, processes and instructions, including those relating to non-discrimination, environment, safety, duty of care, and the quality management system
- Display behaviors that reflect the Company values
- Establish and maintain appropriate working relationships, ensuring effective and professional interaction with Lockheed Martin (LM) management, employees, customers, contractors and suppliers
- Take reasonable care of your own health and safety, and that of others, follow any reasonable instruction given by LM, and report any concern(s) which may give rise to danger, and/or any injury which may occur in the workplace
- Any other duties as required
Employee Type: Full Time
Vacancy Type: Permanent
Lockheed Martin is a dynamic, growing, and energetic organisation offering stimulating, challenging work at the forefront of technology with over 100,000 staff globally. We are engineering a better tomorrow.
If you are someone with a business analyst background, understand mapping business
workflow to technology, managing small to medium scale programs preferably within an IT or
engineering project environment we want to hear from you!
Experience & competencies for success in this role:
- Demonstrated understanding of the interactions between programs and the
engineering disciplines, finance, commercial, support and quality areas.
- Substantial ability and experience dealing effectively with a wide range of stakeholders,
from various backgrounds and positions, to achieve desired results and to maintain a
high level of customer confidence
- Good understanding of business strategy development
- Computer literacy with an ability to produce, analyse, and interpret complex reports
and management information
- Working knowledge of AS4360 (Risk Management), ISO9001 (Quality Systems), and
AS04817 (Earned Value Management)
- Utilisation of a range of Project Management tools and methodologies with a high
degree of competence, including experience developing new project plans and delivery
- Understanding of the interfaces between Programs and the Systems Engineer
- Demonstrated experience with Prince2 or PMBOK project management methodology
- Current knowledge of export / import regulations
- Demonstrated experience in financial management, contract management, and reporting
Clearance required for role: Nato Secret
Required skills, qualifications and experience
- Substantial professional experience in a similar role managing small to medium scale programs (preferably within an IT or engineering project environment)
- 3 years experience managing IT Network and Infrastructure projects. 3 years of experience working and leading a geographically diverse team. 3 years experience work with senior leadership.
- 2+ years experience supporting digital transformation activities and programs. Strong data network knowledge.
- Experience in negotiation and resolution of issues to achieve a positive, commercially focused outcome
- Demonstrated understanding of the interactions between programs and the engineering disciplines, finance, commercial, support and quality areas
- Substantial ability and/or experience providing direction and coordination to a team of professionals
- Substantial experience consistently delivering successful results in a complex environment
- Experience working across internal boundaries to ensure the delivery of high quality products and services
- Substantial ability and experience dealing effectively with a wide range of stakeholders, from various backgrounds and positions, to achieve desired results and to maintain a high level of customer confidence.
- Good understanding of business strategy development
- Computer literacy with an ability to produce, analyse, and interpret complex reports and
- Intermediate skills and experience in the use of MS Office and other relevant software packages and applications (i.e. Open Plan Professional and/or Microsoft Project)
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
- 5 years experience managing IT Network and Infrastructure projects.
- 4 -5 years of experience working and leading a geographically diverse team.
- 4-5 years experience work with senior leadership.
- 2+ years experience supporting digital transformation activities and programs.
- Strong data network knowledge.
Workplace Vaccination Policy
The selected candidate may need to be fully vaccinated to work at one or more of these sites.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin supports Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity in the workplace by creating a place of employment that is, harassment free, diverse, fair, ethical, inclusive, and values the contribution of all its employees. Diversity and inclusion are the foundation of our culture and reflect our values of doing what’s right, respecting others and performing with excellence. By leveraging our employees’ unique talents and experiences, we will deliver innovative, affordable solutions and unparalleled customer value.