ITSM Process Coordinator
Term position – end date January 27 2023. This position may have opportunity to be renewed or converted to a permanent position in 2023 fiscal year.
Nova Scotia Power’s greatest source of energy is our people. In a culture focused on safety, we’re committed to providing exceptional service to our customers and rewarding jobs to our employees. We’re hiring solution-minded people excited to help us grow into the future. We are currently looking to fill the position of IT Service Management Coordinator – IT Change Enablement Practice.
Under the direction of IT Change Enablement practice owner, the change coordinator works in a team environment with other peer ITSM process owners and practitioners. He/she understands and has proven experience with ITSM processes in an operational environment and will take ownership of the day operations of the IT Change Enablement Process. This role is key in mitigating the risks associated with the implementation of IT changes, maintaining compliance in accordance with organizational audit requirements (ITGC/SOx), interfacing with other ITSM processes and ensuring the quality of IT systems performance and services.
- Perform change enablement process administrative duties required including: reviewing change records for completeness, ensuring all affected CIs and required approvers are added to change records, ensuring system impacts details are clear, ensuring all required service bulletins are attached to the change record, hosting weekly change advisory board meetings when required, and updating process performance metrics.
- Review and assess Expedited change requests for business justification
- Run weekly change reports and escalate any required approvals or change task assignments
- Follow up with any completed changes that were not updated
- Review post implementation reviews of completed changes for accuracy and completeness and close off changes
- Ensure any required incidents or problems are associated with changes
- Monitor change approval status daily to ensure all changes are fully approved and scheduled prior to the planned start date and time
- Work closely with the CMDB process owner to maintain CMDB and CI attribute and relationship data accuracy in support of the change enablement process.
- Review standard change proposals for accuracy and completeness and add required IT management approval
Skills, Capabilities and Experience:
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or similar Information Technology degree.
- 5+ years experience in a Service Management discipline with direct exposure to change enablement processes; direct change enablement leadership would be considered an asset.
- Knowledge to implement, use, and apply the ITIL best practice framework and standards. Intermediate ITIL v3 certification for the Release, Control, and Validation (RCV) capability stream is required. Additional ITIL certifications and ITSM training would be considered an asset.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to make and communicate difficult decisions across all levels within the Organization.
- Ability to problem solve, make decisions and/or recommendations.
- Ability to collect, evaluate and compress data and information from multiple sources, resolve conflicts and streamline solutions and tactics.
- Experience with the Change management / Change enablement module within ServiceNow or other IT
- Service Management platforms.
- Experience with CMDB/Discovery technology and hands-on experience in using and maintaining CMDB health (CI data and CI relationship completeness and integrity validation).
- Experience with data analytics and/or dashboarding technology would be considered an asset.
- Experience in user training and implementation of ITSM solutions would be considered an asset.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email and collaboration software to perform data analysis, create reports and spreadsheets.
At Nova Scotia Power, our employees are our greatest strength. Our Leadership Competencies set standards that advance our business strategy, deliver results for customers, and provide career development for employees. As the ideal candidate for this position, you speak up on health, safety, and environment issues, and demonstrate a belief that all injuries are preventable. You support flexibility in the workplace and embrace change. You build strong collaborative relationships with a commitment to a respectful, inclusive and productive work environment while demonstrating integrity and a commitment to operational excellence for our customers. Lastly, we encourage you to proactively ask questions and seek information to understand how your work relates to the business goals and make well informed decisions.