Junior Software Engineer
Specific Job Description
Software Development work related to the Canadian Surface Combatant (CSC) Project as well as Internal Research and Development (IRAD) projects. Software Development includes both new development and maintenance of existing software.
- Requirements Analysis
- Detailed design
- Software development in both Java 11+ and C++
- Designing new Graphical User Interfaces in JavaFx
- Unit testing and documentation
- Integration and deployment
- Problem solving
- Working with Product Owner (PO) and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to analyze
- requirements and deliver a user focused product
- Working in an Agile team environment (Scrum)
Employee Type: Full Time
Vacancy Type: Permanent
Lockheed Martin Canada is the Canadian-based arm of Lockheed Martin Corporation, a global security and aerospace company employing 110,000 people worldwide, including more than 1,000 Canadians. By applying innovative approaches of our highly skilled and experienced Canadian workforce, we have been Canada’s trusted defence and aerospace partner for over 80 years. We operate major facilities in Ottawa, Montreal, Halifax, Calgary and Victoria and work on a wide range of programs from advanced naval technology products and unmanned systems software to providing delivery and in-service support of the latest military aircraft to commercial engine repair and overhaul capabilities. This position is part of the Rotary and Mission Systems business area, where employees across Canada support engineering, systems integration, training, sustainment and in-service support programs for Canadian and international military customers across land, air and sea.
Clearance required for role: Nato Secret
Required skills, qualifications and experience
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- 0-2 years of experience with Java development
- Knowledge of object-oriented design principles and design patterns
- Knowledge of agile software development lifecycle
- Experience with development tools such as Eclipse, IntelliJ, JUnit, Spring, Subversion is beneficial
- Well organized and capable of planning, scheduling, and prioritizing work
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
Active security clearance (NATO Secret) considered an asset for this role.
Workplace Vaccination Policy
Lockheed Martin Canada is committed to lead and support efforts to ensure a safe and healthy work environment for our employees, partners and customers. Our Workplace Vaccination policy provides direction on our approach to managing COVID-19 and that policy will likely evolve as conditions and legal requirements change. At this time, all current and future employees of Lockheed Martin Canada who work on certain federal government sites must be fully vaccinated. We are also asking all employees to voluntarily submit their current vaccine status.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin Canada is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. We are committed to excellence in serving all customers, including people with disabilities, and we encourage feedback on the provision of these services.