Manager, Portfolio Management – Across Quebec and Atlantic Canada
No other bank is doing what we do.
At BDC, we help Canada and its entrepreneurs create a prosperous, inclusive and green economy. Our mission is to help Canadian businesses thrive by providing financing, capital and advisory services. We’re devoted to Canadian entrepreneurs. We’re also dedicated to our employees. Adaptable. Inspiring. Different. There’s a reason we like to work here, and we think you’ll like it too. Join BDC and help make a difference!
Diversity. Equity. Inclusion. They’re more than just words for BDC. These concepts are foundational to our success and to our ability to attract, retain, mobilize and develop the right talent, as well as to offer a healthy, professional and collaborative environment. We are committed to cultivating and preserving an environment where all employees can thrive, and, for over a decade, we have been recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, beliefs, experiences, and more.
The Manager, Portfolio Management contributes to updating the Bank’s loan portfolio by processing service requests and annual reviews required during the life cycle of a loan. He or she analyzes and recommends complex and advanced service requests and supports the Business Development team in developing efficient solutions to meet the client’s requests while adhering to the Bank’s policies and directives.
CHALLENGES TO BE MET
- Follow up on outstanding issues in the files in accordance with BDC’s audit policies, processes, and procedures by ensuring that the forms and information are accurate and complete, the conditions are met, and the signatures are obtained
- When completing an annual review, validate the profitability of the portfolio by monitoring the client’s borrowing activities and identify additional opportunities (financing or consulting) and be proactive to retain existing clients
- Review financial statements, complete the financial analysis, and evaluate the risk rating
- Actively address situations where potential risks are identified, such as arrears, risk deterioration and declining financial results
- Evaluate high and advanced risk requests and offer proactive solutions to restructure agreements, minimize risk and mitigate losses in collaboration with Credit, the business centres and other internal colleagues
- Authorize, decline, or recommend services, within the established parameters, and ensure a high calibre of analysis and due diligence for all loan amendments and service requests
- Maintain relationships with business centre personnel and colleagues to foster good teamwork and the pursuit of common objectives and the consistent application of policies
- Coach, mentor and share experience with team members
- Keep abreast of economic trends in his or her region and any potential impact for the Bank’s clients
- Keep abreast of changes made to policies, procedures, and detailed processes and of trends in credit and regulatory issues that may have an impact on BDC
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or Business Administration
- Three to five years’ experience as an account manager in the banking sector
- In-depth knowledge of banking products, services, policies, processes, and procedures
- Ability to analyze complex financial structures
- Ability to identify and solve problems pro-actively with good judgment
- Demonstrated flexibility to adapt to a changing environment
- Good time management skills and ability to set priorities to meet tight deadlines
- Cooperative attitude
- Bilingual in English & French
With us, you’ll be able to achieve the work/life balance you’re looking for, with competitive working conditions and above-market flexible benefits. This includes modern workspaces to work from when you are in our offices, and, for some specific positions, the ability to work remotely, on reserve, and/or within your community.
Important Point to Consider
Vaccination Policy for COVID-19: The health, well-being and safety of our colleagues, clients and of the community are a top priority for us. Effective November 8, 2021, BDC requires that all employees and consultants be fully vaccinated. A solemn declaration will be requested to this effect.
While we appreciate all applications, we advise that only the candidates selected to participate in the recruitment process will be contacted. If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, please email us at Careers@BDC.ca, and include your full name, the best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.