Trampoline is anything but an ordinary marketing communications agency. Our approach is personal, and long-standing partnerships are where we shine. Purpose often trumps profit; we’ve turned down some pretty big jobs that didn’t sit right. And when it comes to the work, our agency of diverse talents makes for an integrated powerhouse—with strategy, creativity, media and technology all coming together to connect our clients with their intended audience.
Based in Halifax, we are office-centric, as collaboration is one of the key values we hold close as we believe it creates the most powerful work while nurturing our overall wellness and growth. We have a beautiful large, open space overlooking the Halifax harbour, which allows us to stay safe and distant from each other.
Our mantra is to be a force for positive change in the region. While we’re anchored to Nova Scotia, our mission extends beyond people and place. This positivity inspires us at every level. We’re proud of how we show up: in the office, in our community and beyond.
As Media Strategist you will be involved in helping to develop our clients’ multi-channel marketing and communication strategies, working towards anchoring media plans in actionable insights, while ensuring best practices are at the forefront of each recommendation. Your primary role on the team will be to lead executional efforts across both digital and traditional advertising tactics. You will be responsible for buying, monitoring and optimizing across various digital channels including Google Ads, social media as well as our in-house digital trade desk, TruTrade Atlantic. Using Google Analytics and other performance measurement tools, the Media Strategist will also be responsible for assessing campaign success beyond the click as we work with adjacent teams to deliver a cohesive measurement output across the entire consumer journey. You will be a part of a full-service, integrated communications team, and work alongside social media, creative, web/digital and client service teams to ensure a consumer-centric approach to our media plans that not only achieve communication and business objectives, but help shape and evolve them as well.
- Undertake the required research to understand the client’s business objectives, challenges, target audiences, budgets and advertising strategy;
- Under the guidance of the Media leadership team, help develop media strategies, plans and recommend campaign tactics with a focus on digital channels;
- Based on the approved media plan, book and manage media placement space as required;
- Facilitate and coordinate the trafficking and delivery of digital formats to all media channels/partners;
- Develop performance measurement frameworks based on campaign objectives including advanced Google
- Analytics implementation and configuration;
- With the support of the integrated communications team, perform analysis and prepare reports/dashboards to measure and communicate the effectiveness of campaigns, using data to inform actionable outcomes and future campaign efforts;
- Combine creative thinking with factual analysis to develop appropriate strategies to ensure that campaigns reach their target audiences as effectively as possible;
- Using existing agency resources, contemporary research and data tools like Comscore and Vividata, identify target audiences and analyze their characteristics, behaviour and media habits;
- Work closely with the media team to RFP vendors based on campaign strategy and client briefs;
- Foster relationships with clients, media suppliers and partners;
- Develop spec sheets to guide material requirements for creative & production teams along with digital trafficking sheets to ensure aligned naming conventions and trackable URLs for digital ads;
- Perform campaign setup and trafficking on time, with a high level of accuracy;
- Manage various digital self-serve ad platforms including Google Ads, TruTrade Atlantic, Facebook Ads Manager, LinkedIn Campaign Manager, and TikTok Ads Manager, among others;
- Continuously monitor and optimize ongoing campaigns to achieve a high level of performance, ensuring KPI targets are met;
- Keep up with and advise the team on the latest trends or changes in the media landscape.
- A post-secondary education in either business or communications;
- A passion for customer service and a natural ability in collaboration and working in a team setting;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to create trusting relationships with both clients and suppliers;
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and how to measure the success of campaign efforts beyond the click;
- Confidence in presentation skills;
- A keen eye for detail and proven track record of executional excellence in media administration including blocking charts, digital buy sheets and associated budget control reports;
- Experience with demand side platforms (DSPs) such as Acuity, DV360 or Tradedesk are considerered a valuable asset.