QC Analyst – Capital Markets
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
QC Analyst – Capital Markets
What is the opportunity?
Ensure that Know Your Client (KYC) information is refreshed accurately during a periodic refresh in accordance with regulations and RBC policies including those that pertain to AML, and sanctions
What will you do?
- Conduct Quality Control (QC) 4 eye check reviews on KYC refreshes for various business units to ensure documentation is in line with RBC KYC requirements and Data Quality standards
- Act as Subject Matter Expert on KYC policies for Canada, US, UK, Europe (eg. France, German, Spain, Italy) and Asia Pacific regions.
- Provide advice to RBCCM Internal & external stakeholders on KYC information and documentation requirements, addressing questions relating to KYC requirements and applicable regulations.
- Be familiar with RBC Capital Markets lines of business in order to identify, coordinate and follow up with relevant internal contacts
- Guide team members to achieve clarity on KYC/AML issues and make sure that those issues are tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner.
- Escalate to appropriate Financial Crimes team (AML Advisory, Global Economic Sanctions, HRC) where material adverse information has been identified, or relating to sanctions or respectively to the extent not escalated otherwise to AML Compliance.
- React flexibly to changing business needs and ensure that skill set can be transferred to other areas of the team as and when required, this may include pivoting between refresh, and outreach teams
What you need to succeed?
- BA/BS or equivalent
- 1-2 years of prior relevant experience
- Knowledge of global Regulatory requirements (IIROC, FINRA, FCA, OFSI, IRS, etc.) and/or experience working with regulatory or rule based environments.
- Familiarity with Capital Markets products, trade systems and business lines.
- Creative thinker with problem solving skills.
- Organizational skills with strong time management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Reporting and tracking using tools such as MS Excel,
- Excellent computer skills, e.g. Word, etc. and knowledge of KYC system like GoldTier or Fenergo
- Knowledge of any of the following languages in additional to language: French, German, Spanish, Italian, Mandarin, or Cantonese are an asset
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Flexible work/life balance options
RBC requires as a condition of employment that all successful candidates in the United States and Canada be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date, and may require proof of the same. Reasonable accommodation is available where required by law.
RBC exige, à titre de condition d’emploi, que tous les candidats retenus aux États-Unis ou au Canada soient entièrement vaccinés contre la COVID-19 avant leur date d’entrée en fonction. Il est possible qu’ils aient à présenter une preuve vaccinale. Des mesures raisonnables d’adaptation sont offertes lorsque la loi l’exige
- Address: HALIFAX, Nova Scotia, Canada
- City: CAN-NS-BEDFORD
- Country: Canada
- Work hours/week: 37.5
- Employment Type: Full time
- Platform: Capital Markets
- Job Type: Regular
- Pay Type: Salaried
- Posted Date: 2022-04-09-07:00
- Application Deadline: 2022-07-01-07:00
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.