QTS Enterprise Architect
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
QTS Enterprise Architect
What is the opportunity?
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to join the Architecture & Governance group at RBC Quants Technology Services (QTS) team. We are on a journey to reinvent and transform how Architecture is practiced in QTS, in response to new challenges in the industry and the new opportunities made available by new technologies.
A focus for this role will be the development, definition, articulation, and governance to, a growing body of architectural patterns that can serve as guard rails and architectural direction for a large portfolio of applications and projects in the Capital Markets space.
Additionally, on an as needed basis you may be called on to provide architectural support to individual projects and programs breaking new ground requiring new solutions and potentially establishing new architectural patterns.
Overall, the successful candidate will have a firm basis in architectural thinking and frameworks, while also ready to take advantage of new approaches to technical development, including Cloud architecture, microservices, and service-oriented design.
What will you do?
- Work with lead architects and architecture council members to drive the establishment of QTS common architecture patterns as well as common LOB patterns.
- Participates as a member of the QTS Architectural Council, providing architectural leadership and innovative thinking when reviewing new ‘greenfield’ initiatives, technologies and identifying opportunities for change and gaps in architectural practice.
- Work with the QTS EA Governance team to revamp governance processes to better align to governing to the common architecture patterns established and define an exemption process. This may involve finding ways to automate checks for application alignment to patterns, technology standards etc.
- Responsible to driving Strategy within the QTS Architecture Council by creating meaningful metrics and applying the EA governance process to applications and projects
- Works closely with applications teams acting as architecture consultant enabling alignment to patterns and assist team with maintaining architecture repository.
- 5+ years of Enterprise Architecture experience on large, enterprise projects, preferably in the capital markets sell-side industry
- 3+ years with designing enterprise software and defining Solution Architectures and technology. Familiar with loosely-coupled architecture
- Hands-on experience with Cloud Architecture (particularly AWS/Azure)
- Proven experience at leading design authority sessions and strong leadership skills that can effectively manage large cross functional technical teams and ability to define, influence and impact the technical direction/align to EA practice
- Must be able to apply Enterprise-wide policies, standards, guidelines and procedures – governing business, data, applications and technology to project and application reviews.
- Bachelor’s/University degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Nice to Have:
- AWS/Azure Certification
- Kubernetes and containerization experiencer
- Knowledge and understanding using Jira and Confluence
- Understanding of IT Standards, Methodologies, SDLC, audit requirements
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- • A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
RBC requires as a condition of employment that all successful candidates in the United States and Canada be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date, and may require proof of the same. Reasonable accommodation is available where required by law.
RBC exige, à titre de condition d’emploi, que tous les candidats retenus aux États-Unis ou au Canada soient entièrement vaccinés contre la COVID-19 avant leur date d’entrée en fonction. Il est possible qu’ils aient à présenter une preuve vaccinale. Des mesures raisonnables d’adaptation sont offertes lorsque la loi l’exige
TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.