Quality Assurance (QA) Specialist
At REDspace, our team’s diversity makes us stronger. We encourage and embrace applications from BIPOC, women in non-traditional positions, persons with disabilities, and persons of the LGBTQ+ community.
Thorough. Analytic. Meticulous. These are words that are used to describe you and your work. You use these skills to test and ensure that every project is the best it can possibly be while using your strong communications skills to work with team members and document results as well as recommend fixes. You stay up to date with all the newest devices and understand how they work.
As a Quality Assurance Specialist, you are skilled in manual and automated testing and will be part of a mighty and quickly growing team of designers, animators, and developers. Together, we are inventing innovative, interactive software experiences and changing the way people engage with technology (while having fun along the way, of course). Want to join our team?
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 3 + years of experience working in a software testing capacity
- Demonstrated ability to measure general quality of software and optimize processes
- Enterprise-grade services testing/QA experience
- Charles Proxy/Postman other HTTP Proxy services experience
- Familiarity with general web tech (Headers, Cookies, URL manipulation, etc)
- Exposure to OTT devices (Roku/Chromecast)
- Development experience is considered an asset.
- Strong attention to detail, and possess analytical and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of quality assurance tools, ticketing software, and project management tools such as Jira
- Knowledge of overall architecture of websites, mobile applications, set top boxes, and online games.
- Understanding of quality assurance best practices and software testing methodology,
- Work well in an ever-changing, fast paced, high pressure environment that requires meeting tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a group of team members including developers, project managers, creative directors, and clients.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Working at REDspace.
One of the big plus sides of working at REDspace is we look out for you.
Your well-being. We offer:
- Fully company-funded health, vision, dental, and life insurance coverage with access to an online doctor
- Pension plan contribution matching
- Healthy living allowance
Your career. We’re invested in your growth. We offer:
- Annual professional development allowance
- Bi-weekly and monthly Project and Tech shares
- Annual salary and performance reviews
Your happiness. You’ll enjoy coming to work every day. We offer:
- A flexible work environment with remote work options, in office opportunities or a mixed approach
- Financial relocation assistance
- Social and team building events
- Charitable donation matching
At REDspace, our team’s diversity makes us stronger.
Different backgrounds, talents, skills, experiences, and perspectives strengthen our business and the communities in which we work and live. We are committed to growing and cultivating an inclusive environment that enables knowledge sharing and collaboration—empowering our employees to be their best.
We hire based on merit and skill and make all employment-related and hiring decisions regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or indigenous origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital status, or Veteran status.
Where to find us!
168-1595 Bedford Hwy
Bedford NS, Canada B4A 3Y4
This position is based out of our Bedford office OR has the opportunity to be remote. We offer a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience. We appreciate your interest in REDspace. Please note, only candidates who meet the requirements of the role will be contacted.