Quality Engineering (QE) Specialist
At REDspace, our team’s diversity makes us stronger. We encourage and embrace applications from BIPOC, women in non-traditional positions, persons with disabilities, and persons of the LGBTQ+ community.
REDspace is a custom software development company. We build cutting-edge streaming platforms and user experiences that are transforming the media & entertainment industry for clients such as WarnerMedia, ViacomCBS, Sony, and IBM. Leveraging our extensive, world-class experience, we help transform other industries by integrating existing systems with consumer media innovations and emerging technologies such as video, voice, mobile, machine learning, and gaming tech.
As a QE Specialist, you will help define a quality plan, determining what to do and what not to do, according to project objectives, budgets, and other constraints. You will understand code and suggest improvements and should be able to test a system and search for bugs with a highly critical eye and report incidents. This role will contribute to test automation at different levels; such as API and UI levels, and suggest new test cases, analyze the coverage, and decide if the test coverage is comprehensive. This role will help ensure test cases and scripts are aligned with development and business requirements. This role will maintain a broader understanding of the project vision, and leverage the specialist’s technical expertise to best support it.
Together, we are inventing innovative, interactive software experiences and changing the way people engage with technology (while having fun along the way, of course). Want to join our team?
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 3 + years of experience working in a software quality engineering capacity with a focus on automation testing
- Knowledge of test automation tools, test and defect management tools such as Jira, Bugzilla etc.
- Knowledge of overall architecture of websites, mobile applications, set top boxes, and online games
- Understanding of quality assurance best practices and software testing methodology
- Enterprise-grade services testing/QA experience
- Charles Proxy/Postman other HTTP Proxy services experience
- Hands-on knowledge of coding/scripting language (at least one is a must)
- Hands-on experience (not only record/play automation tools experience) in writing code with tools like Selenium, Appium etc.
- Familiarity with general web tech (Headers, Cookies, URL manipulation, etc)
- Exposure to OTT devices (Roku/Chromecast)
- Development experience is considered an asset
- Demonstrated ability to measure general quality of software and optimize processes
- Worked in a project environment which followed Agile methodology
- Strong attention to detail, and possess analytical and problem solving skills
- Work well in an ever-changing, fast paced, high pressure environment that requires meeting tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a group of team members including developers, project managers, directors, and clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to learn, adapt to new technologies and tools
Working at REDspace.
One of the big plus sides of working at REDspace is we look out for you.
Your well-being. We offer:
- Fully company-funded health, vision, dental, and life insurance coverage with access to an online doctor
- Pension plan contribution matching
- Healthy living allowance
Your career. We’re invested in your growth. We offer:
- Annual professional development allowance
- Bi-weekly and monthly Project and Tech shares
- Annual salary and performance reviews
Your happiness. You’ll enjoy coming to work every day. We offer:
- A flexible work environment with remote work options, in office opportunities or a mixed approach
- Financial relocation assistance
- Social and team building events
- Charitable donation matching
At REDspace, our team’s diversity makes us stronger.
Different backgrounds, talents, skills, experiences, and perspectives strengthen our business and the communities in which we work and live. We are committed to growing and cultivating an inclusive environment that enables knowledge sharing and collaboration—empowering our employees to be their best.
We hire based on merit and skill and make all employment-related and hiring decisions regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or indigenous origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital status, or Veteran status.
Where to find us!
168-1595 Bedford Hwy
Bedford NS, Canada B4A 3Y4
This position is based out of our Bedford, Nova Scotia office and offers a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience. We appreciate your interest in REDspace. Please note that only candidates who meet the requirements of the role will be contacted.