Radio Access Network Engineer
MOBIA Technology Innovations is a Systems Integration company with multiple business unit areas: Broadband Wireless Services, Managed Services, Infrastructure Solutions, Cybersecurity and Digital Transformation Services. Working with Telecommunication Service Providers, Government, Healthcare, and Enterprises across Canada, MOBIA has developed strategic business relationships with industry leading technology partners to help our customers achieve positive business outcomes.
MOBIA is currently seeking a Radio Access Network Engineer to join our team in Halifax, NS, Montreal, QC, Greater Toronto Area, ON, Calgary, AB or Vancouver, BC.
- Responsible for Wireless design and optimization of cellular networks.
- Evaluate projects to support network evolution to meet growing subscriber demand, analyzing coverage, capacity, and performance.
- Develop project related planning documents for new site builds and network augmentation
- Interface with planners and real estate for service requirements, providing feedback on proposed deployment solutions.
- Work with and provide guidance to construction and civil engineering, transport planning, equipment engineering.
- Lead network collaboration meetings, design reviews, and change meetings.
Skills / Qualifications:
- Successful completion of relevant Post-Secondary Education in an Engineering related field.
- 5+ years of experience with RAN Engineering.
- 4G and or 5G core experience.
- Experience working with Ericsson or Nokia would be considered an asset.
- Advanced skills in NetAct and Planet.
- Experience and solid understanding of 4G/5G technologies.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Attitude focused on team success and improving the customer experience.
- Proven ability to put words in actions and ability to deliver results.
- Ability to work with change, in a competitive environment where priorities change frequently.
- Registered P.Eng would be considered an asset.
MOBIA strives to build an amazing workplace and was recognized as one of “Canada’s Best Managed Companies” in 2021.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including an employer supported wellness plan, health, dental and life insurance coverage, company paid training, career development, and company events for fun and community contribution.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.