We offer the opportunity to work with Canada’s largest Information Technology Outsourcing and Management Consulting Company with a true global presence in a fast-paced and energetic atmosphere where your personal and professional growth is accelerated by your desire and sense of commitment. CGI’s continuous growth is a testament to the confidence clients place in them and to the dedication of their professionals. At CGI, all employees are called members because they feel a powerful sense of ownership and accountability. Members at CGI are building their own company – in 100+ offices worldwide. CGI has the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for clients – and for members; that’s why an astounding 90 percent of them are CGI shareholders.
We’re expanding our Financial Services Team in Atlantic Canada and we need your skills, enthusiasm, and dedication as part of our team.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Reporting to the Manager, IT Data, the successful candidate will:
• Act as the point of contact for projects to coordinate their deployments in production and non-production environments.
• Facilitate information gathering sessions on project requirements for deployments as well as to prepare, revise and follow-up on release activities.
• Determine environments needed for projects and coordinate non-production environments assignment.
• Determine non-production environment use and availability and manage any issues related to these environments.
• Potential to execute some job flows and some deployment activities for specific environments
• Determine the schedule based on project requirements and change management constraints while following change management rules and lead time requirements.
• Create required documentation including the release plan as per change management process to schedule deployments.
• Represent deployments at gating meetings with technical partners and the Change Management team.
• Provide status to project and management about deployment planning, approvals and activities.
• Manage deployments activities and oversee their execution with different partners.
• Proactively follow-up on issues that could prevent any deployments and investigate ways to improve process and quality of activities done within the team.
• Support a positive work environment that promote service to business, quality, innovation and teamwork and ensure timely communication of issues/ points of interest.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Diploma in IT with equivalent IT experience.
• 3+ years of IT experience working in an Agile environment.
• Experience working in a Change Management role is highly preferred.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Experience with project estimating, scheduling and costing is an asset.
• Experience and knowledge of infrastructure, environment management and application lifecycle.
• Experience with diverse data technologies such as data integration (batch platforms), data repositories, reporting/data viz, analytical frameworks.
• Experience in banking or insurance domains is highly preferred.
• Excellent ability to build strong relationships with clients and team members.
• Ability to adapt to constant changes with a positive attitude. Sense of innovation, creativity, organization, autonomy and quick adaptation to various technologies.
• Capable and eager to work under minimal direction in fast-paced energetic environment, managing multiple projects and priorities at once.
• Strong written and oral communication skills with a critical eye for detail.
• Ability to see the big picture.
• Have excellent time management, task planning and prioritization skills, with the ability to multitask effectively.
• Able to adapt quickly to changing client requirements.
• Enjoy working in a self-teaching, learning organization.