Nova Scotia Business Inc. (NSBI), led by a private sector board of directors, is a business development agency for the province.
NSBI’s mission is to help businesses across the province grow exports through access to business advisory services, skill development, and training to build trade capacity, market intelligence, financing, and support in accessing global markets. This includes developing new exporters and attracting innovative, globally competitive companies to establish a business location in Nova Scotia.
Reporting to the Manager, IT & Digital Solutions, the Salesforce Administrator is part of a service delivery team maintaining NSBI’s entire information systems and IT infrastructure through a combination of on-premises and cloud-based solutions. This includes information management, security, IT infrastructure, telephony solutions, web and database platforms, CRM, device and asset management, and the IT service desk.
The Salesforce Administrator is the steward of data quality and business processes related to Salesforce and responsible to manage, develop, and maintain all aspects of NSBI’s CRM platform. The Salesforce Administrator is deeply knowledgeable about NSBI programs and services as well as measurement frameworks and skilled at process automations to support business objectives. Working with business units and the service delivery team, this role is responsible to plan and implement Salesforce-related solutions that integrate with Drupal, Microsoft Office, and related technologies.
As a member of the ITDS team, the Salesforce Administrator responds to service tickets in accordance with service level commitments to provide support to Salesforce users and act as Tier2 support for client issues. This position may be called upon to assist or backup other team members to provide support for on-premises and cloud-based solutions, infrastructure, and devices managed under ITDS.
In this role, the successful candidate will:
- Create and maintain secure, easy-to-use layouts, objects, and record types for internal administration and online forms.
- Develop dashboards, intelligent automations, formulas, calculations, and workflows.
- Integrate third-party apps to achieve business objectives.
- Perform process and data analysis of large data sets for maintenance, integrity, and object mapping.
- As a subject matter expert, consult on Salesforce architecture planning, and develop, test and deploy new and/or improved features to meet business needs.
- Monitor and communicate with stakeholders to achieve adoption goals.
- Manage, maintain, and monitor all Salesforce services including, credentials, permissions, backups and infrastructure.
- Perform security and data integrity analysis and tests related to Salesforce and third-party integrations.
- Follow ITIL framework for IT service management maintaining configuration workbooks and change enablement documentation.
- Provide/receive guidance and training through collaboration with internal staff, vendors, and subject matter experts for effective issue resolution with Salesforce and other IT systems.
- Participate in the upgrading and continual improvement of existing technologies and recommend solutions to improve systems security, integrity, and capacity.
- Assist with the creation of IT policies, governance and best practices for Salesforce services and support.
To be considered as a potential candidate, you have a post-secondary diploma in an Information Technology discipline and at least five years of experience as a Salesforce.com administrator or a combination of related IT experience and training, including Salesforce.com admin training such as ADM201 and ADM211 certification or Salesforce Lightening equivalent. An ITIL Foundation certification is considered an asset.
Through training and experience, you have acquired a strong understanding of the Salesforce platform, both desktop and mobile, with the ability to create custom objects, formula fields, workflows, custom views, reports, lists, dashboards, and other features of intermediate complexity. You also exhibit a superior understanding of Salesforce.com best practices and functionality for user management, data management, health checks, and actionable reporting. You possess expert-level experience setting up and managing sandboxes and the production environment for development, quality assurance, and user acceptance testing. You bring knowledge of other platforms and applications that integrate with Salesforce, and you can acquire skills rapidly to meet business needs.
You can understand and articulate complex requirements, workflow process, and outcomes with business owners by utilizing your exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Highly resourceful to research and troubleshoot issues as they arise, you can plan appropriate change and problem management processes. Excellent interpersonal skills and responsiveness with a focus on customer satisfaction and high-quality service delivery are required for this role. You have excellent time and project management skills to prioritize/organize multiple projects and a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
The successful candidate will be required to reside in Nova Scotia and hold a valid Nova Scotia driver’s licence.
Classification: This is a bargaining unit position with a NSBI 5 rate of pay range of $61,095.84 – $74,268.22 based on the March 31, 2021 collective agreement rates. Preference will be given to qualified NSBI NSGEU bargaining unit candidates.