The candidate will be a member of the Canadian Surface Combatant (CSC) program by joining a multi-disciplined team environment working on the implementation and enforcement of Government and Company Security Policy.
As a member of the CSC Security team you will be responsible for a wide range of activities including but not limited to:
- Coordinate with all stakeholders to pull together all the necessary information for the development, implementation and completion of transportation plans for the movement of classified information.
- Establishes working relationships within the Lockheed Martin Canada Inc. (Lockheed Martin) CSC organization and with the functional organizations within Lockheed Martin to achieve program commitments and goals.
- Liaise with subcontractors and partners to provide guidance on the program security requirements.
- Work with the program and Data Management (DM) to implement and enforce marking requirements.
- Act as a backup to the Controlled Goods (CG) Coordinator for the review of documentation to determine if it contains CG.
- Support and implement overall project security strategy, in the areas of physical, information and supply chain security.
- Coordinate activities with LM staff and subcontractor personnel, to ensure alignment on delivering the project security strategy.
- Represent LM on various related working group activities, with the customer and international partners.
Required skills, qualifications and experience
- Must be familiar with Contract Security Program and specifically the handling of classified information
- Knowledge of the Canadian Government subcontracting process.
- Ability to pull together data from a variety of sources, to create plans and reports
- Must be able to make recommendations to the program on how to handle and implement security requirements.
- Ability to remain efficient and extremely organized while handling a high volume of work
- Ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks
- Knowledge of applicable regulatory security requirements, including security clearances for individuals, organizations and facilities, information security and supply chain.
- Ability to interpret security policy for practical implementation
- Proficient communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as delivering presentations; must be able to effectively communicate across all management levels
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team as required.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to seek out answers to questions and problems
- Extremely trustworthy and capable of handling highly sensitive and confidential information.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin Canada is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. We are committed to excellence in serving all customers, including people with disabilities, and we encourage feedback on the provision of these services.
Lockheed Martin Canada is the Canadian-based arm of Lockheed Martin Corporation, a global security and aerospace company employing 110,000 people worldwide, including more than 1,000 Canadians. By applying innovative approaches of our highly skilled and experienced Canadian workforce, we have been Canada’s trusted defence and aerospace partner for over 80 years. We operate major facilities in Ottawa, Montreal, Halifax, Calgary and Victoria and work on a wide range of programs from advanced naval technology products and unmanned systems software to providing delivery and in-service support of the latest military aircraft to commercial engine repair and overhaul capabilities. This position is part of the Rotary and Mission Systems business area, where employees across Canada support engineering, systems integration, training, sustainment and in-service support programs for Canadian and international military customers across land, air and sea.