Senior Analyst, Loan Accounting – Temporary , 16 months, Open to remote work
No other bank is doing what we do.
At BDC, we help Canada and its entrepreneurs create a prosperous, inclusive and green economy. Our mission is to help Canadian businesses thrive by providing financing, capital and advisory services. We’re devoted to Canadian entrepreneurs. We’re also dedicated to our employees. Adaptable. Inspiring. Different. There’s a reason we like to work here, and we think you’ll like it too. Join BDC and help make a difference!
Diversity. Equity. Inclusion. They’re more than just words for BDC. These concepts are foundational to our success and to our ability to attract, retain, mobilize and develop the right talent, as well as to offer a healthy, professional and collaborative environment. We are committed to cultivating and preserving an environment where all employees can thrive, and, for over a decade, we have been recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, beliefs, experiences, and more.
The senior analyst is responsible of the new Capital Availability Program (CAP) segment including Co-lending. He or She will prepare analysis and reporting for the CAP segment and will also actively participate in the accounting and reporting of the Financing segment.
In addition to CAP, this person will be the manager’s right hand and will attend meetings related to Financing loans and all other requests for analyses. Act as replacement in the absence of the manager and Sr. analyst, Loan operation & Accounting. He or She should be strong in analysis and very comfortable handling large data. Strong interpersonal skills, Team player and capacity to build relationships with partners. Knowledge of SQL would be an asset.
CHALLENGES TO BE MET
- Prepare quarterly and annual financial statement notes and key highlights for the MD&A for the CAP segment under tight deadlines. Ensure that the financial information complies with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Produce quarterly analytical review for CAP
- Develop accurate monthly/quarterly reports in a timely manner; provide insight on results and key areas to focus on; work with internal clients to improve design and key metrics.
- Produce key highlights for the executive dashboard and the reporting package on a monthly basis including analyses on the net interest income margin and provision for expected credit losses.
- Play a key role in the Co-lending program and act as a point of contact to ensure accurate communication of information’s to/from Financial institutions
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity between Co-Lending database and the GL and ensure journal entries are properly processed and recorded. Perform reconciliations in a timely manner.
- Design and Implement internal controls and processes for the CAP segment as part of the BDC’s Internal Control Certification (ICC) framework
- Identify and gather management information and business intelligence from various databases and develop means to extract pertinent information to monitor BDC’s portfolio
- Assist the manager on Ad-Hoc requests, participate to meetings and special projects
- Take part and collaborate actively in the implementation of new initiatives, ensure the accuracy and integrity of accounting and prepare reporting to internal and external partners
- Assist in the preparation of annual corporate plan and budget for BDC Financing as well as Capital Availability Program (CAP business unit).
- Work closely with Financial application groups, play a key role in enhancement of work methods. Identity & Implement operational process to achieve efficiencies
- Respond to requests from Internal and external auditors regarding CAP business unit
- Work Closely with Reporting and treasury teams
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- University degree in business administration or Finance
- Professional designation (CA, CGA or CMA) CPA Designation
- Minimum of 7 years experience in accounting and financial analysis
- Experience in a financial institution, an asset
- Knowledge of SQL is an asset
- Solid knowledge of accounting principles, policies and practices
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to organize and collect data for management reporting purposes
- Strong computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, SQL, etc.)
- Strong ability to work under pressure and to organize work within tight deadlines
- Comfortable working with systems and identifying system solutions
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills
- Good oral and written communication skills in both official languages
With us, you’ll be able to achieve the work/life balance you’re looking for, with competitive working conditions and above-market flexible benefits. This includes modern workspaces to work from when you are in our offices, and, for some specific positions, the ability to work remotely, on reserve, and/or within your community.
Important Point to Consider
Vaccination Policy for COVID-19: The health, well-being and safety of our colleagues, clients and of the community are a top priority for us. Effective November 8, 2021, BDC requires that all employees and consultants be fully vaccinated. A solemn declaration will be requested to this effect.
While we appreciate all applications, we advise that only the candidates selected to participate in the recruitment process will be contacted. If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, please email us at Careers@BDC.ca, and include your full name, the best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.